No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone I talked to the last couple of days hasn’t seen much of anything. Usually pretty quiet this tune of year.

Comment

I didn't get a doe tag this year and buck sightings have been way down. I haven't had much in the way of deer sightings so I decided I needed to change things up. So Friday I decided I was going fishing instead of hunting.
      It just so happens that Kevin and Trophytrout we also going. So we all met up down there and headed out. Kevin pointed me in a direction and I went and found a couple of trout.
      I caught a 15, 15 1/4, and 15 1/2 that I could have boxed, but I put a 16 and a 16 1/2 in the box. The Scott said he was going to fish another spot, so I followed him and wound up picking up some more fish.
      Had a great day. Thanks guys.

Anyone recognize the table?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tmanbuckhunter View Post
        Did anyone happen to find a Garmin 64st GPS off of FS204 towards the end of it on Monday? I lost mine right where I parked. A few people and a good friend went to go look and didn't see it... this tells me someone found it and picked it up. Thanks for the help.

Hey Tman
        I duck hunt lots where you have coordinated, will keep eye along roadside for it bro. Was it camo or dark color? It may be along side road and never notice due to that.
        Someone took my T camera after they cut cable, it was back in a ways and they had to come back to get it. Eye open

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good catching Damian.

Comment

Looks like I’m not the only one having a slow year this season, any decent bucks taken from this group in the Sam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I for one haven't taken a thing

Comment

I'm good at jumping them at inconvenient times, but no buck down yet.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

None for me Jason. I did see a nice one out there tho. 80 yds away is past my comfort zone.

Comment

Jason, It has been a little on the slow side because of the heavy acorn crop this year. Believe it are not but acorns are still falling out of some oak tree's. And most of the time we have rains that rotten them on the ground faster. But we haven't had much rain. I've been hunting the deerlease the last couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                      Jason, It has been a little on the slow side because of the heavy acorn crop this year. Believe it are not but acorns are still falling out of some oak tree's. And most of the time we have rains that rotten them on the ground faster. But we haven't had much rain. I've been hunting the deerlease the last couple weeks.
                      I've noticed the same thing. Something tells me that because of this the deer may start moving a little more than usual in the later season.

Comment

I sure hope so Chief, I saw a few deer in early gun season.

Comment

Man super dead in here

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            Man super dead in here
                            I know I've been seeing a couple veterans posting on the book of faces. I remember watching this page get countless views every year, but it really seems to be dipping. Guess Facebook is just more convenient for those people nowadays. I still prefer this forum to be honest, but sadly nobody wants to use it :/

Comment

I prefer this site too Chief. So I told them I didn’t want the office position today. Phone calls and constant stress, even while I’m home every night and weekend, it’s just not worth it. So looks like I’m staying in the field, which means I’m going to the Sam tomorrow! Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                I prefer this site too Chief. So I told them I didn’t want the office position today. Phone calls and constant stress, even while I’m home every night and weekend, it’s just not worth it. So looks like I’m staying in the field, which means I’m going to the Sam tomorrow! Anyone else?
                                I would be, but I have class till 3:30, so I'll probably go friday and Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X