old sabine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old sabine?

hey sprayn i guess all the campin areas are flooded out too at the old sabine. will you let me know how the conditions are. ive read a bit on here on how the water level is high and the river is over the banks on the old sabine. just wanted to see if it was even worth tryin to camp out there for this upcoming trip. or maybe i should make alternate plans. what do you think.

Hey man, the camping areas have a little water in the low spots but nothing that would keep you from setting up a tent. I don’t think the river ever went over its banks even with all the rain we received, right now it’s much higher then normal and if you had a flat bottom boat with a motor you could probable get around on the river without to many problems. If you decide to camp out there you might bring along an extra tarp or something so the bottom of your tent stays semi dry. Anyways if you have any other questions let me know.

Comment

it was still pretty wet out there wed. when i went but not near as bas as it was the week before. as far as the river being out of its banks, it did in some areas cause one of the places i hunt is right on the river and last sunday that area was completly under water.

here are a few pics i got wed.

there are trails there somewhere, thats by the old river channel

Comment

My bad, the only part of the river I really had a look at was along the roads for the most part, from a truck

Comment

This is a great place to go. Great Facilities and hosts. Not a huge population, but hogs are all over.

Comment

Originally posted by opiecunningham7 View Post
            This is a great place to go. Great Facilities and hosts. Not a huge population, but hogs are all over.
            Hog signs are all over the west side but those suckers are difficult to kill, it seems like they know when I arrive and when I leave.

Comment

"Wow" 6 1/2 year old thread and still going strong!

Comment

Working...
              X