Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone hunted or will be hunting Bastrop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be doing standby tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Comment

Good luck with stand by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chaps812 View Post
        I did not kill, but did see many animals deer and Aoudads.
        I had surgery last August on my back, having to learn how to do many things again. Could not draw a bow till now.
        I have been trying to use a crossbow this year. I have never had to deal with string jumping in 40 years of hunting till now. I did not believe a crossbow was so load. The deer I shot at and the Aoudads acted like they were in the "Matrix", just side stepped my shots. I really couldn't believe what I saw.
        Next year I'll be using a bow.
        I like the crossbows I have, but I cannot quiet them enough, even using 300 grain broadheads, which helped more than the silencer systems.

Have any of y'all had string jumping issues?
        I know this is an old post but dude there are no Aoudad there, you must be referring to a different state park...

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
          I will be doing standby tomorrow. Good luck to all.
          Did they take standys, I heard they maybe weren't because it was too wet, they were going to have a hard time finding spots in the designated compartments for the hunters show.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Did they take standys, I heard they maybe weren't because it was too wet, they were going to have a hard time finding spots in the designated compartments for the hunters show.
            You are right. No standbys. I just found out.

Back to work.

Comment

That sucks, too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X