Lbj on Google earth tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lbj on Google earth tool

Ok, so this isn't really a "tool" in the common use of the word. But this is what I would like to think is a very useful tool to help anyone with google earth, explore LBJ grasslands. I've spent quite a bit of time outlining the borders of all of the units and putting them into a format that can easily be turned on and off in Google earth. I'd love to hear what you think after trying it out, and also any errors that may need corrected. This, to me, is 100 times better than ANYTHING I could find online since I have been checking out the area. I hope you can find this as useful as I have. Simply click this link

Download the file and save it to your computer. Then open up google earth and then at the top left corner click "file" then click "open" and select the file.
    That's it! It should always be there after that unless you uninstall google earth. This also works on android and iOS as well. With android you can just download the app called "KMLZ to earth explorer" and run this file. Please let me know your thoughts on this! If all goes well, I will do other public hunting areas as well.
    Last edited by Fordtough68; 10-13-2016, 11:02 PM.

And you should copyright the app and maybe sell it...
    Like your plan, idea is useful but I know nothing about those areas, so can't be any help

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
      And you should copyright the app and maybe sell it...
      Like your plan, idea is useful but I know nothing about those areas, so can't be any help

It's not an app, more along the lines that I just used the Google earth app and did all of the hard work for everyone already. Just trying to share what I thought is a great idea to make it easier on everyone. I have messed around with creating apps before. It could be built in a stand alone app and I would consider it if enough people like the concept after trying it.

Comment

Still a good idea to copyright the plan. Someone might see it tomorrow, refine it over the weekend and publish on Monday.
        I've had an idea stolen and it cost me half a mill. Just looking out brother

Comment

Here is a screenshot from android. The pins can be removed to only show the borders, or the borders removed to show only the pins. You can select and de-select units as you wish. You can add pins as you wish for possible Stand sites, or make paths in and out of your stand sites as you wish. Again, all of this can be done on your own, I just took out all of the hard work.
          Attached Files

Comment

Man that's awesome! I need to do that for some of my other public hunting spots.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              Man that's awesome! I need to do that for some of my other public hunting spots.
              Did you download it and try it out or are you only talking about the screenshot?

Comment

I have been doing something similar on Google Earth at home. Thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                  I have been doing something similar on Google Earth at home. Thanks for this!
                  You are very welcome! How did the file work for you? I just want to make sure that it's working ok. Also, let me know if you run across any borders that arent labeled properly and I will correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
                    You are very welcome! How did the file work for you? I just want to make sure that it's working ok. Also, let me know if you run across any borders that arent labeled properly and I will correct it.
                    Seemed to work just fine. Downloaded and it automatically opened in Google Earth. I'll definitely let you know if I see any discrepancies from the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                      Seemed to work just fine. Downloaded and it automatically opened in Google Earth. I'll definitely let you know if I see any discrepancies from the map.
                      Perfect! On android and ios it will usually open automatically the first time, after that you usually have to use the app mentioned above to open it.

Comment

That's impressive work. I pulled it up in basecamp not google earth so can't really verify the accuracy but this will be super handy for anyone

Comment

Never heard of basecamp. I'll check it out! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
                            Ok, so this isn't really a "tool" in the common use of the word. But this is what I would like to think is a very useful tool to help anyone with google earth, explore LBJ grasslands. I've spent quite a bit of time outlining the borders of all of the units and putting them into a format that can easily be turned on and off in Google earth. I'd love to hear what you think after trying it out, and also any errors that may need corrected. This, to me, is 100 times better than ANYTHING I could find online since I have been checking out the area. I hope you can find this as useful as I have. Simply click this link

Download the file and save it to your computer. Then open up google earth and then at the top left corner click "file" then click "open" and select the file.
                            That's it! It should always be there after that unless you uninstall google earth. This also works on android and iOS as well. With android you can just download the app called "KMLZ to earth explorer" and run this file. Please let me know your thoughts on this! If all goes well, I will do other public hunting areas as well.
                            Awesome!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X