Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
    Tell your buddys how's that!!! lol..
    that's what happens when you work all night and go scout 3hrs next morning just to kill a deer..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Guess I'm not as hardcore as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      All good points Kirby .

I sometimes tell others "if you see a good tree to get in, don't think it hasn't been looked at by someone else at some point". The lakes have been hunted for a very long long time. When I first started there, there were wood-n tree stands every where in every unit. Most of them have since fall-n down, rotted away, or washed away due to floods. Some of the trees still have spikes nailed into them. Some of the trees have died, fallen down, and got washed away too . My first tree stand was an aluminum extension ladder that I used to access some of those old wood-n stands . I've still got that super light weight NOISY ol ladder. But it seldom gets used for deer hunting any more.

Also, some of the most open places have deer in them, a place most hunters would never bother to look at or think about. It's really about the ambush. That's why I've accumulated so much gear for different situations. Adapt, and over come.

I knew this would probably be the response I would get! LOL! I've only been to two locations to hunt on Corp land and both were at Whitney. I've already had a successful season and have meat in the freezer. I guess that is all I can ask for.

I know where the deer are at the area I hunt, the problem is they are staying in a location where every hunter that comes in by car has to walk through to get to their preferred hunting spot.

I have a good plan in place for both wind directions Saturday and Sunday mornings. Hopefully success finds me yet again!

Comment

hunting the wind is over rated

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
          hunting the wind is over rated
          It probably wont matter much this weekend since were expecting 18+MPH winds all weekend.

Comment

I agree, just try to stay as scent free as possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

No matter how hard I try I cant seem to crack the code on scent free. Ive seen bucks stop walking toward me at 50 yds do a 180 and then sneak away. I don't hunt corn because I know 99% of time a mature buck will zig zag down wind before coming into it. Just like they circle big right before they bed down. I hunt ambush style. I get chances every year but unfortunately I blow it! This year was different though! Curse lifted!
              Attached Files

Comment

That is a NICE buck! Congrats!

Comment

Very nice! I usually just shower before hunting and let my clothes air out alot lol

Comment

In early season I freeze those small miller lites the 8 oz ones and put them in my back pack around noon I enjoy a cold beer !

Comment

Same here I'm usually take 3 natural lights with me, smart idea

Comment

With all this drinkin goin on no wonder there isn't that many pics of dead deer, lmao just kidding

Comment

Ha ha maybe they just ain't posted ha ha jk

Comment

Y'all might see me in ur corn piles I'm out and need some for mash. Lol that's a joke to in case anyone here with the atf!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                              In early season I freeze those small miller lites the 8 oz ones and put them in my back pack around noon I enjoy a cold beer !
                              That's a heck of a idea I normally just walk back to the truck and eat lunch and drink a gal tea..I knew I was doing it all wrong. ..lol..

nice buck..though..thanks for the tip..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats for the nice big buck

Comment

Working...
                                X