No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup64, Hope-n ya have to go buy a new Lone Wolf Alpha!

I've currently got the Lone Wolf Wide Sit-n-Climb. Had two others by them. I just got wider and heavier.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-07-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post

Anybody leave any deer out there for us? Will shoot anything legal to put meat in the freezer. Aaaand my wife said if I killed a deer this year with my bow (it'll be my first) then I can buy a Lone Wolf Alpha and climbin' sticks for next year.

Wish us luck.............
      Good luck to you! I'm hunting a different WMA but late season at Whitney/Aquilla has been good for me in the past.

This is my first year using a lightweight Hang-on stand and a set of sticks. I'm using X-Stands aluminum mantis sticks, but I wish I had gone a different route.

And just an FYI, you can get an XOP Vanish XT for around $150. Same designer as the original Lone Wolf stands, only difference is that they're made in china. It's your money, so you can do as you please.

If you do go with Lone Wolf Sticks, X-Stand, XOP or even Hawk Helium sticks (with the versa button mod), I really recommend doing the rope mod! Saves weight, and I can get around any tree I want. Just make sure you have climbing spec rope from a place like REI, etc.

Lone Wolf Climbing Rope and Tree Stand Modification: The strap and buckle that comes with the Lone Wolf climbing sticks and tree stand can be noisy due to t...

Using a stand and sticks has totally changed the way I hunt, and I have had more opportunities on big deer than I ever would have imagined versus being stuck to straight trees like I was with my climber.

Comment

A good hang on with some nice climbing sticks get u in better location...for better opportunity for the hunt...

Comment

Yep, got a couple of hanging stands in the arsenal. One is a North Star. They had some great lightweight products including an aluminum ladder stand. And a climber that could be loaded to auto tighten after you use the regular slack out. Company went out of business after getting a contract with Cabela's. The hanging stand I got is a 24"x36" aluminum platform with a closed cell foam padded adjustable seat. Only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't have arm rest so I can sleep in it . Weighs 12.5 lbs on my scales. Got some aluminum Rappid Rails. Those things go up fast and climb well, even for a fat old man like me . Love-em.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-07-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Anybody out today?

Comment

Yup seen nothing but a squirrel

Comment

Going out this evening. Hope to harvest one of the great man upstairs gifts to man!

Comment

Good luck man! Had a few moving this morning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

There walking by your stands right now..lol..

Comment

Originally posted by CARLOCK View Post
                      There walking by your stands right now..lol..
                      No doubt they are!!!! Hope they just keep coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by CHParker View Post
                        No doubt they are!!!! Hope they just keep coming back!
                        They will be back in 12 hrs..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Head out in the mourning

Comment

Finally got some free time and will be at Whitney in about 1.5 hours for an evening hunt.

Comment

Kill another Storm!

Comment

Gonna try Mike!

Comment

Working...
                                X