No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoW. Some of you should really read the rules before you draw a permit.

Be advised, the Rangers at Whitney follow this thread. And have for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      From the Fort Worth District hunting guide 2016 for Lake Whitney.

"Legal Game: Dove, squirrel, rabbit, waterfowl, turkey, feral hog, and deer."

Bobcats r furbearing animals, I'll shoot them as well , just don't post it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nobody's arguing with you bud. It was an honest mistake like I said I think in years past the rules were different. And seriously there's no need to be cocky about it. You've never misread something or forgotten something in a moment of excitement?
        Last edited by Ender; 11-05-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
          Nobody's arguing with you bud. It was an honest mistake like I said I think in years past the rules were different. And seriously there's no need to be cocky about it. You've never misread something or forgotten something in a moment of excitement?
          Been the same rules for the last 15yrs I've hunted there js..

Comment

He shot it at his buddy's house and it was about to attack him.... That's how I remember the story

Comment

Originally posted by Knightcat View Post
              He shot it at his buddy's house and it was about to attack him.... That's how I remember the story

Lol he never said it was shot at Whitney that I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish those out hunting today good luck , I can't go right now I'm almost in Austin and the floor won't get done til Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  I wish those out hunting today good luck , I can't go right now I'm almost in Austin and the floor won't get done til Monday.
                  But what about after the floor is done? Your free after that right? I can't go either till I get this project done. Rain coming the next few days. And next Saturday is taken up with loading it up, hauling it out there, mounting it, then standing it up. After that, I'll be there filming out of it till dark. Then back home. Won't hunt Sunday as I'll prob be to sore, again . At least I can see a dim light at the end of the tunnel.

Speaking of light, I wonder if he wants lights in it? Might as well wire it up, and plumb it in for water from the near by well 70 yards away. Then he can have air conditioning and other utilities in it too.

Comment

Oh, and good luck to those out hunting today.

Comment

Finally got to see some deer this morning.
                      Went to a spot that I haven't hunted in 10+ years.
                      I should've known it would be all grown in....
                      I rummaged around and found a spot to back into. Of course it was dark so I really could tell what kind of cover I actually had.

I saw some deer coming across the field I was looking into so I decided to hit em with a grunt. They were about 100-125 yards out. They heard it, but didn't change direction. The deer that was standing 20 yards behind me heard it too and he/she made all kinds of noise getting out of the area! Lol
                      About 30-45 minutes later, I hit the grunt tube again and wouldn't you know it... stomp stomp, right behind me.
                      Curiosity got me and I turned slowly around and had 3 doe at 30 yards staring straight at me. Couldn't move. Couldn't do anything.... They just trotted off. Nothing blew at me tho so I'm still setting. Thought about moving in case they come back. They'll be looking where they saw me, so I could set up where I'll have a shot if they come up looking that way again.
                      Last edited by Mac...; 11-06-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a solid tactic Mac.

Comment

Can't do it... I ranged it and I'm setting at 205 yards to the fence line. Can't move to where I want to...
                          But I can set up where I saw them cross earlier this morning. When I head out, I'll go look for a spot over there.

Comment

Just got a little rain here. And now the sun is poking out.

Comment

Found a pretty serious Rub line on the way out. Needless to say, I set me up a new stand

Comment

Didn't hunt today. Guess my spot will rest for a week while I work. Any of you draw at benbrook? My Lil bro is fishing today and said he saw a giant buck chasing a doe at benbrook

Comment

Working...
                                X