No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would finish this floor so I can go hunt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
      Can't believe I've gotta get down already . No telling what could happen on a day like this. Hopefully ill be back early next week. ...

What#!#!!!

Just typed that and looked up to see two bob cats. Put a perfect 40yd heart shot on the big male! That was freakkng awesome! Pics coming.

Awesome Travis, looking forward to the pictures. Still wish I'd shot one of the ones I saw my first year hunting Whitney.

Comment

Kitty
        Last edited by TxnRunner; 11-04-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Perfect day to hunt had to take Sasqy back to ramp and I was gonna stay till this evening but fuel pump went out on boat motor...time to dust off the rifle though. I will be back at Whitney about December.

Comment

Well I thought I had a perfect heart shot. However, the shot missed the vitals completely but cut off the airway and broke both front shoulders. The cat was down hard but when I approached it I could see its body heaving and it began lifting its head and gnashing its teeth at me. I put another in but hit a little higher than I wanted. I wasn't walking up any closer to a wounded cat so I decided to end it and put one in the head. It wasn't ideal since I didn't want to pump the hide full of holes but hate to see them suffer. Apparently the vitals on those cats are much lower and farther back than I would have expected, they're all so much smaller then I would have expected.

Comment

The large wound on the side is from the first shot and you can see the second shot which goes to the shoulder and the arrows actually in her mouth, Yes she chewed the arrow bad enough to destroy it. The third shot was the one going through the back of the head that did the trick. That was expensive!
              Last edited by TxnRunner; 11-04-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Wow dead for sure lol

Comment

This rain is definitely keeping me in my truck. Hopefully it'll slow down soon enough that I can get out there somewhat early

Comment

Rain rain rain. Go away so deer will come out

Comment

Your running out of time Ender!

Comment

Looks like the rain might break this afternoon or evening.

I'll be glad when I'm finished with this project. Going to install it next Saturday. Just a little more to do to it on the inside. And I'm done.

Comment

Just had a coyote run through. Still no deer

Comment

Not on Public land this morning but Whitney area non the less. Pigs and Cows so far

Comment

Beautiful temps here this morning!

Comment

Well I'm finally set up. Rain is starting to let up here's hoping it'll get them frisky

Comment

Working...
                                X