No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should be out of the rain for at least 3 hours according to radar.

Comment

Saw that 8 again when I was walking in. No rain right now so hopefully I will see something

Comment

Good luck,

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          Saw that 8 again when I was walking in. No rain right now so hopefully I will see something
          You need to move then, unless he's where you hunting. Good luck in the rain to ya. They should be moving good with the light rain.

Comment

Mike both times I've seen him he has been within a 100 yards of my set up.

Comment

Raining again. By looks if the radar it's gonna get worse. Gonna sit till 9 then head out. Come back in the morning.

Comment

Get ya a mock scrape set up. He'll come by to make his mark on it too, rather than check for does at a distance. I use the Code Blue Buck Urine when making one. I've used others. But have had the best results with Code Blue Buck Urine. And I don't put any thing else in it. If there is a scrape already there, then freshen it up with the same stuff. You'll prob get several more scrapes around it from others in the area. If I use doe urine, it is the "non estrus" urine. And use it about 10 yards away from the scrape. Or near the food source. But not in them. On the outside fringe of corn is fine with doe urine. But use it sparingly. Mock scrapes should be 10-30 yards from the food source. But not in them. This method has repeated for me constantly.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-03-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Get ya a mock scrape set up. He'll come by to make his mark on it too, rather than check for does at a distance. I use the Code Blue Buck Urine when making one. I've used others. But have had the best results with Code Blue Buck Urine. And I don't put any thing else in it. If there is a scrape already there, then freshen it up with the same stuff. You'll prob get several more scrapes around it from others in the area. If I use doe urine, it is the "non estrus" urine. And use it about 10 yards away from the scrape. Or near the food source. But not in them. On the outside fringe of corn is fine with doe urine. But use it sparingly. Mock scrapes should be 10-30 yards from the food source. But not in them. This method has repeated for me constantly.
                  Good advice Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Good stuff right there! That's what it's all about. Helping each other out.

Respect, sir.

Comment

Heading that way, rain shows to taper off here in a few. Anxious to go try out that north wind spot

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                        Heading that way, rain shows to taper off here in a few. Anxious to go try out that north wind spot
                        About time you got one isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                          About time you got one isn't it.
                          Indeed, finally going back out to the oilfield on Tuesday so I'm really hoping I can close the deal over the weekend. Rut is starting to get pretty heavy and there's a nice cool front. Hopefully all of the ingredients are in place. A little worried about my brush blind though it's still a bit sparse for as wide as I made it, it was a rush job though, and I'm backed up fairly close to my tree.

Comment

Now that my one of my secret tips are out, I expect there to be scrapes everywhere.

Good luck to ya Ender.

Comment

See anything ender?

Comment

whitney doe dinner. Hatch Chile backstrap tacos.

Comment

Working...
                                X