No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see anything tonight, but i'm not really surprised. I shouldn't have gone out there with the wind so high and not in a good direction. The good news is I did finally get a very nice buck on camera out there. He showed up about a month ago and hasn't come back though, maybe he'll swing around come rut. I know that i'm not gonna hunt that spot again if the wind isn't right.
    Attached Files

Comment

Deer are still awake. Almost nailed a doe on 56. Hate when they pop out of high grass onto the road. Makes me nervous driving.

Comment

In the stand now. Slight breeze and cool. Wish it wasn't so bright out

Comment

Get ya some Justin!

Comment

It's a better day than yesterday was.

Comment

God blesses you all in the woods this morning!!!

Comment

Just had two bucks in. Small racks

Comment

Just shot another doe

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                    Just shot another doe
                    nice good job

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                      Just shot another doe
                      Your on a roll justindfw.

Comment

Shot was crap. Knicked her belly or brisket. No blood on arrow and white hair and small fat on the ground no blood. Dangit.

Comment

I had to doe coming right to me.. Then they started looking to the side and ran off.. If the first one would have been a little further over I could've had her..

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerHunter View Post
                            I had to doe coming right to me.. Then they started looking to the side and ran off.. If the first one would have been a little further over I could've had her..

Been there a few times thinking....... one more step, one more step, just a little bit more, then retreats like they heard my thoughts....... sucks but fun experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back at it again

Giving it another try! Wind is finally cooperating and I can hunt one of my stands!!! Good luck to everyone out hunting tonight.

Comment

Need some opinions.. I got a spot that I feel good about.. But I don't know what wind to hunt..I had the 2 doe earlier come and run off. I figured maybe they winded me.. But they walked in on my trail and the wind was in thier face the whole time.. 30 minutes after they leave a little buck came threw in the opposite direction and didn't have a care in the world..He even turned and walked the direction the doe was looking when they ran off..

Comment

Working...
                                X