No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Litterbugs for one. They throw their water bottles everywhere out there. Even around the parking areas they hunt.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-14-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Super glue the bottles to the van. Hehe

Comment

Tie all there trash up on a string and tuck and tie it to rear axle!!

Comment

I'm hunting n B8, lot of deer movement early, hot as it is doesn't make sense but I'll take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing hit the corn I put out on Monday. Got soaked and only saw 1 deer when I checked KennyS spot.

Comment

I was just looking at the 2016 deer reports. 1962 permits issued to the moment. And "deer sightings" are way way way down this year. Wonder if having a flood like we did, two years in a row have anything to do with it.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-14-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Acorns buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I still seen deer last year but not as many as prior years. The high water cut off my spots where the deer were coming and going. So last year I was all messed up. I'm not sure if they didn't come back after the water came up or just changed their pattern. And I know the water was high because there was a dried cow patty sitting on a limb in my tree

Comment

I think people are holding off on surveys and not as many people hunting early season.

Comment

I do have an acorn spot but last weekend I seen boot tracks that werent mine. So somebody else knows what I know! Its all good though only seen a 6 pointer with huge body but antlers wouldnt stretch to 13" and a big hog poop the next morning where I corned out.

Comment

Starred out t u r d so I had to edit and put poop.

Comment

I thought about not even bothering in the morning since it's a full moon (or nearly anyway) and probably won't be much movement. But I know I'm probably going back to the oilfield on the 24 and there's no telling when I'll be back so I better get in what time I can when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                            I thought about not even bothering in the morning since it's a full moon (or nearly anyway) and probably won't be much movement. But I know I'm probably going back to the oilfield on the 24 and there's no telling when I'll be back so I better get in what time I can when I can.
                            You can't see the moon with this cloud cover

Comment

Only person we saw was at Steele Creek access.

Comment

Wind is acting up nw ,n and east about 6 to 10 mph .

Comment

Working...
                                X