No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the recent rain ide loom for tracks and trails. Even deer poo. That will tell you which oaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      That's the truth I was scouting some private land the other day I was asked to get some of the hogs off of. I jumped 5 deer while doing that, all of them were in oak groves filled with acorns. That is the place to be right now.
      Lucky you. I need another deer and a couple hogs so I can make sausage.

Comment

Sitting in my tree hopeing to see something today. And I happen to be in a grove of live oaks. Plus it's thick all around the grove.

Nocturnal congrats on the nice buck!

Comment

Just had 2 doe slip in but no shot. She started looking my way trying to make me out and started blowing while running off. I'm sitting down wind of trail and 20 feet up in a tree. Not sure what happened.

Comment

Seen about a 12 inch wide 6 point last night...sittin on same trail this morning and nothin yet but squirrels!....I did bring a field tip!

Comment

Found a pipe feeder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out Friday... had some guy setup with 50 yds of me while I whistled, coughed, farted and waved my orange vest at him. Dude never noticed me.

Then, as if by some sort of mystical cue, his buddy showed up in a boat 30 minutes before dark. I shined my light at the boat, then they packed and up left commenting "I guess that guy got here before we did."

At least I know what folks WON'T be killing deer in that area.

Comment

Thanks guys! Good luck. Recommended finding a tree that has a good view and start scouting then make a move to some deer. It has worker for me a few times on coe land.

Comment

No alot of people at whitney this mornin

Comment

Storm where you out baiting around lunch time? I had to run to town and past a unit that had a truck that looked like yours in the parking lot.
                      In a different stand than this morning. Hope I see something in this stand this evening.

Comment

Was it a lifted white dodge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got to get down there to scout a little yesterday afternoon. Went to one of my old areas, looked around for sign of other hunters, then put out some corn, as I walked out 30 yds from my cornpile there was a pop up blind (extremely brushed in by the way), so I'll did the respectful thing and found somewhere else, he did get a free bag of corn though. I figured he put in a lot of work to brush that blind in like that, all Ive put in so far is a 6$ bag of corn. So if its anybody on TBH, enjoy the corn, lol.

Comment

Couldn't tell thought it was a white Chevy didn't look lifted

Comment

No not me I was traveling south on 56 , but there was someone at steel creek access area.

Comment

Anyone out hunting this evening, nothing moving yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X