No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if the boat ramp off 1947 at Aquilla is open?

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
      Does anyone know if the boat ramp off 1947 at Aquilla is open?
      I was there last Friday and it was open.

Comment

Razorback I forgot about you your welcome also.

Comment

Just looking for some advice....Do y'all prefer quartering and carrying out your deer, or do y'all just field dress and drag out? Been considering both just wanting some advice from some more experienced fellas. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by randytunesmith View Post
            Just looking for some advice....Do y'all prefer quartering and carrying out your deer, or do y'all just field dress and drag out? Been considering both just wanting some advice from some more experienced fellas. Thanks in advance.

Gut and wrapp in a tarp.. Light weight tarp makes it easy to drap across teh ground and keeps it clean.. We are using a boat to haul animals out..

Comment

Can't make it Storm, you guys have fun and good luck.

Comment

Hey guys.

Anybody willing to post what public area you'll be hunting or is that a No No, big secret on here? Really just trying to see how packed it's going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                  Hey guys.

Anybody willing to post what public area you'll be hunting or is that a No No, big secret on here? Really just trying to see how packed it's going to be.
                  Mac ain't no deer at whitney

Comment

Usually field dress then drag out. I bought a game cart this year so I'll be living high if I get a deer this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                      coop, justindfw,Ender and Kenny B come on out and join us 6 pm at chisolm trail park campsite 13& 14 and anyone else that wants to hang out Friday night. (You too Buckshot)

Well I just asked mamma and she said we have a lot to do tomorrow so idk if I'll make it. it'll be after 6 for sure if I do probably 7-8 if at all. Homecoming is Saturday and we have company coming over plus need to get to the bank and go grocery shopping.

Comment

Yep I know it is kinda short notice for all but I didn't know where I could find a campsite til today. Next year I'd Plowman is open we'll get everyone together for the night before opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                          From what I've seen Oak Trees should be good hunting. They have plenty to eat for sure this year. We got over 6 inches of rain the other day by Lakeside. The 6 inch gauge was running over. It was so dry that it isn't all that muddy though.

Good luck to everyone and hope to see some pictures.
                          Coop can you make it out to Chisholm Trail Friday around 6pm?

Comment

Man this weather is looking good this weekend! I went out scouting the other day and saw some good scrapes. I also found a nice shed from an 8 point.

Comment

Storm, thanks for the invite but it appears right now that I won't be getting down there until Saturday. I'd love to but I don't think I can make this one.

Comment

Well she said we might try to make it out there tomorrow. Really want to get out and meet some of y'all

Comment

Working...
                                X