Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My long-walking brethren: early season Rubber Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to this area and where I was before (Georgia/Alabama) I didn't have to deal with snakes during hunting season for the most part. With that being said, do these rubber boots have any snake protection? If not, what do you guys use around here for the snake protection, or is it even a valid concern during hunting season?

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman149 View Post
      I'm new to this area and where I was before (Georgia/Alabama) I didn't have to deal with snakes during hunting season for the most part. With that being said, do these rubber boots have any snake protection? If not, what do you guys use around here for the snake protection, or is it even a valid concern during hunting season?
      http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/men/...tra-green.html

Comment

Never had q bad pair of Laccrose

Comment

Thanks xrod, didn't think they had rubber boots that were snake proof.

Comment

This is what we all wear now! Best boot I have ever had. I wear them in 100 degree weather all the way to freezing temps. They are very comfortable, and I feel a lot more comfortable trailing hogs through swamp land at night now

Comment

I need to ask a question about these? My understanding is that wearing "rubber boots" is because they don't carry a scent like regular hunting boots or supposed to. Yet it's beginning to look like most of the upper line "rubber boots" are combining rubber with neoprene or denier or some water proof material.

So how is this any more scent proof than hunting boots?

Chootum!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                I need to ask a question about these? My understanding is that wearing "rubber boots" is because they don't carry a scent like regular hunting boots or supposed to. Yet it's beginning to look like most of the upper line "rubber boots" are combining rubber with neoprene or denier or some water proof material.

So how is this any more scent proof than hunting boots?

Chootum!

Anything that keeps water out will keep scent in...

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                  Anything that keeps water out will keep scent in...

That's what I would have thought but a big deal has really been made out of using rubber boots now.

Chootum!

Comment

These are what i wear til its starts getting cold.

Comment

Working...
                    X