Granger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger

I was thinking about going to Granger WMA on Sunday for some hog hunting. I have never been there before. Can I purchase the public hunting license on site, or do I need to get it somewhere else. If somewhere else, where?

Also, any advice on hunting techniques, etc. I have never bowhunted hogs on public land, would appreciate any help you can give.
    I'm not asking for your "honey holes" or anything like that, just some general info about the place. I've only shot hogs with a rifle under a feeder, so this will be a very different experience for me.

I have hunted below the dam and had a little luck. I'm pretty inexperienced but have taken four hogs this year. I have been using the walk and stalk method just to get a little exercise. Good luck on Sunday.

Comment

thanks for the reply.
      no one else hunts there?

Comment

Make sure they don't have a permit hunt going on this weekend. You can't buy the annual hunting permits on site, but they do have on-site registration if you already have the permit.

Comment

you can purchase the public land permit anywhere they sell hunting licenses. it is $48. I have gone a few times this year already and have seen hogs on almost every trip. I usually just spend my time out there walking and looking for sign and then trying to stalk up close enough for a shot. Good luck. If you are go out there this evening et me know maybe we could hook up and hunt together out there. Sometimes it helps when you havd more than one hunter so that you are able to cover more ground and usually then one of you has a better chance at getting a shot on fleeing pigs.

Comment

I thank they have hunt's this week.

Comment

I think they start on the 14th

Comment

Originally posted by crcfy View Post
                If you are go out there this evening et me know maybe we could hook up and hunt together out there. Sometimes it helps when you havd more than one hunter so that you are able to cover more ground and usually then one of you has a better chance at getting a shot on fleeing pigs.
                Sorry, we left around noon, so I didn't see your response in time.

PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                X