Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Not much activity this weekend. I had a spike come to the base of my tree and make a rub 10' from some estrous doe pee. Does anyone know how to post a video from your phone? I'm gonna try let me know if it works.
    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Worked for me. Pretty cool encounter. I got a little Spike on camera about an inch long a piece. He was working a rub that is about 8 inches in diameter lol. Big bucks use big rubs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Last weekend

Hey Jordan I had the same luck this past weekend.. All I saw were does and not a single buck. I hunted hard too. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will get one.. I was up in your neck of the woods too, even met a guy that knows you. he was showing me a pic of that deer your BIL shot a few years back. The last buck that I heard of was a 9 point that was shot last Thursday, it looked like a hill country 9 though.

Comment

Yep its dead time. one week till madness!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Yep its dead time. one week till madness!
          Hopefully you're referring to this weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm starting to see a pattern! When the action comes to a stop in the Davy Crockett they are going crazy down here in the Sam Houston.. and vice versa. The bucks were absolutely lovestruck this weekend here in Montgomery Co.. It's almost like these two different areas take turns, one week on and one week off. Needless to say, I'm heading up that direction next weekend! [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
              I'm starting to see a pattern! When the action comes to a stop in the Davy Crockett they are going crazy down here in the Sam Houston.. and vice versa. The bucks were absolutely lovestruck this weekend here in Montgomery Co.. It's almost like these two different areas take turns, one week on and one week off. Needless to say, I'm heading up that direction next weekend! [emoji4]

I get the same vibe. Buddy shot this 13 pointer in Sam this weekend.

Headed back up to Crockett this weekend looking to get one like yours Brad!! Lol. Found a few giant rubs and fresh scrapes.

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                Hey Jordan I had the same luck this past weekend.. All I saw were does and not a single buck. I hunted hard too. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will get one.. I was up in your neck of the woods too, even met a guy that knows you. he was showing me a pic of that deer your BIL shot a few years back. The last buck that I heard of was a 9 point that was shot last Thursday, it looked like a hill country 9 though.

Lol yeah small world. I met Chris thru my YouTube channel. I think he's a good guy. Never met him in person thou.

Comment

Headed back up to Crockett this weekend looking to get one like yours Brad!! Lol. Found a few giant rubs and fresh scrapes.

Wow! Now thats a MAN right there!! Hes got some awesome character, your buddy did well.. Congrats!

Yeah keep after it up there in the DCNF, the opportunity for a sure enough giant is always near in those woods! Good Luck-

Comment

Wow!! ^^^^ wrong place at the wrong time again - lol

Comment

Lol yeah small world. I met Chris thru my YouTube channel. I think he's a good guy. Never met him in person thou.

Ya he is a good guy. He lives in Porter which is south of where I use to live as I'm in Tomball now. I'm still drooling over that deer your buddy shot, man that's a beautiful deer!! Hell I like the one that you have a pass too earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                        Ya he is a good guy. He lives in Porter which is south of where I use to live as I'm in Tomball now. I'm still drooling over that deer your buddy shot, man that's a beautiful deer!! Hell I like the one that you have a pass too earlier this year.

I still have regrets from letting him walk. Hopefully I get one this weekend that put those regrets to bed. Lol.

Comment

Deer were moving pretty good sunday. I ended up seeing about 15-20 unfortunately no shooters. I had a 8 point about 17" wide come in and work a scrape friday afternoon. If he was older and taller it would have been down but he was too young. Going to be back at in the morning.

Comment

Let me say this. If this deer was taken off the Sam it was taken off the high fenced area in the Sam which is not public. There is no way that this deer was taken off of public land. Those Antlers are protein fed. If it was in fact public land I would never of posted it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deertropolis243 View Post
                              Let me say this. If this deer was taken off the Sam it was taken off the high fenced area in the Sam which is not public. There is no way that this deer was taken off of public land. Those Antlers are protein fed. If it was in fact public land I would never of posted it on here.

Let me say this. You are wrong. I am personal friends with the guy and he doesn't have access to any high fenced area that you speak of. Sorry if you wanna keep the national forest to yourself, but please remember, its public property. Everyone who wants to put in the work has a right to be there. The deer out there are smart. You're not going to walk 100yrds behind a camp and shoot a deer like ambushes or the ones that Garguy has pics of or even this 13pt. Majority of people will go into these woods and see nothing. Others that are willing to put in work might get lucky. You are seeing a large group of successful people on this site due to the fact that there is a large number of serious hunters willing to put in the work here. I can assure you that Joe blow going into the national forest after seeing pics online will not have the same luck or persistence to get one of his own. I consider myself a serious hunter willing to put in the work and I have hunted the national forest for over 9 yrs. I have been in the woods every weekend possible from sept to Jan for those 9 yrs. many spots I hunt consist of a 15min truck ride followed by a 35-45min walk in the woods. Some don't. I have yet to kill anything in the forest larger than 120".

Comment

Man that is amazing if that is true. I may not get the opportunity to hunt every weekend due to work and I don't like camping alone out there for safety reasons. If this is in fact a public deer........ Man you are a lucky sum b****. When I hunt out there I am definitely not doing any easy walks into the woods. I am usually about a mile and a half into the woods, usually after driving in a good ways. But never seen anything with such character out in the woods. His rack looks as good as a protein fed deer. It looks like it scores a solid 140 B&C. Maybe I am in the wrong area who knows but I just find it hard to believe that that swamp donkey would be on the Sam. Also I don't care if people are hunting the woods. Its a wonderful sport and not everybody has the opportunity to have property. Once again that is an amazing deer to be had off of public land.

Comment

Working...
                                X