Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
    No. This was by big slough. I hate hearing stories like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    O ok and ya it's pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Great visiting with yall yesterday. Ambush(Brad) killed the deer. he is still in camp and has zero service. He said he will post up the pics and story tomorrow. It will be worth the wait . True swamp donkey.
      Nice job Brad I can't wait for the pics. Usually by now I have been in that area quite a bit hunting but i haven't even made it to the woods this year.

Comment

Well this evening I had a young 8 pt sit with me till well after dark. I even shine the light trying to get him to leave. I hollered at me. Made all sorts of racket. And then decided to just climb down. Well I climbed all the way down the tree and started heading out before he ever left. Lol he was at 30 yards during all of this. Not sure if yall will be able to see the picture but this is after dark Click image for larger version

Name:	20161029_190950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24469240

Comment

I'm ready to see LDPs of the big deer that was killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            I'm ready to see LDPs of the big deer that was killed.
            Make that 2 of us

Comment

Make that 2 of us

Comment

Was dead for me this weekend. Logged 17 hours, no sightings. It can't be said enough... finding the right oaks that are dropping is crucial. In previous seasons, I've hunted early bow, and acorns aren't as important. Couldn't make time to properly scout for a late October hunt, and it showed. Still may have zero'd, but at least I would have had more confidence based upon sign and food sources. Oh well, lessons learned.

Comment

Well this evening I had a young 8 pt sit with me till well after dark. I even shine the light trying to get him to leave. I hollered at me. Made all sorts of racket. And then decided to just climb down. Well I climbed all the way down the tree and started heading out before he ever left. Lol he was at 30 yards during all of this. Not sure if yall will be able to see the picture but this is after dark [ATTACH]821850[/ATTACH]

That's pretty bizarre right there.

IMO, I believe it mattered that he was immature, but I also believe that even though deer see better than we do at night, it's still not all that great.

Thanks for sharing. Good job on the close encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                    That's pretty bizarre right there.

IMO, I believe it mattered that he was immature, but I also believe that even though deer see better than we do at night, it's still not all that great.

Thanks for sharing. Good job on the close encounter.
                    This morning I had a coyote at 35 yards watch me climb the tree. Never spooked just sat and watched. So I decided when it got daylight I would let one fly if he was still there. But he was gone come daylight. Just baffled me because of how skittish they are anyways. Plus my encounter the evening before. Oh and I saw a little bigger 8pt this morning. Still too small though

Comment

Got a Stud Friday morning! Wanted to get a pic posted up for you guys... just getting settled in at the house. Full story will be posted in Around the Campfire, stay tuned!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^One of the best bowkills of TBH this year IMO^^^

Congrats again Brad! Great meeting you and your crew.

Comment

Way to go! Very impressive Buck.

Comment

Wow! Awesome buck ambush! What an accomplishment out of the forest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck man!

Comment

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X