No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got lucky Friday morning. 2nd sit of the year and shot a 9. Better than that, I have a young pup I'm training to track. She recovered it for her first real test. I hope to get her on a lot of easy tracks this year, she's just 3 months old but tracks like a much older dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone44 View Post
      Well I got lucky Friday morning. 2nd sit of the year and shot a 9. Better than that, I have a young pup I'm training to track. She recovered it for her first real test. I hope to get her on a lot of easy tracks this year, she's just 3 months old but tracks like a much older dog.
      Congratulations! You are something of an unsung hero of the DCNF.

Comment

I'd put myself more in the blind hog category! But I do really enjoy hunting the forest.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Well a monster died late this morning in the DCNF! I wont spoil it for him but its a good one!

Who was it? Do we know him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Who was it? Do we know him?

He is a TBH'r. Held the horns yesterday. Great deer.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                He is a TBH'r. Held the horns yesterday. Great deer.
                Great visiting with yall yesterday. Ambush(Brad) killed the deer. he is still in camp and has zero service. He said he will post up the pics and story tomorrow. It will be worth the wait . True swamp donkey.

Comment

Saw a good buck around 1 pm too far to get a shot. Short, low body and good horns .... Back up at another spot as there was too much traffic and commotion at other spot

Comment

Trying my luck in an oak flat with a small patch of 3 y/o pines east of me. There's a few scrapes and they are tearing the acorns smooth up right here. Let's just hope my scent stays down. It's hot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by BW96; 10-29-2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Oh and be sure to lock your stuff up. My dad was walking back to his truck and saw there were 2 people there one looked in the back of his truck and said "there's nothing but an extension cord" then they walked down to another truck and he watched them steal a light bar. Needless to say houston county caught up with them fairly quickly.

Comment

I hope so! Nothing worse than a thief

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                          Oh and be sure to lock your stuff up. My dad was walking back to his truck and saw there were 2 people there one looked in the back of his truck and said "there's nothing but an extension cord" then they walked down to another truck and he watched them steal a light bar. Needless to say houston county caught up with them fairly quickly.

I'm sure glad they were caught!

Comment

In for pics of the swamp donkey!

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post

My buddy's bow, tent and everything else was stolen today near Groveton while they went to the store. Did this happen near Groveton?

Comment

No. This was by big slough. I hate hearing stories like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X