No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little drizzle of rain right now.

Comment

Hey guys, i know conditions arent good, if any of you is available, my neighbor needs help recovering a doe in 2D4. Thanks if you can assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I was out there today. Finally some cooler weather

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got word that she was recovered. Thanks anyway guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucks are in rut!

Comment

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
              3 bucks brought in today. One of them confiscated for being under sized.
              And a fawn today

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                That guy. You have made me eat my words although I don't agree with restrictions on antler size to begin with and with the limited available bucks to be taken on Bullis, I just got over emotional about the thought of losing an opertunity at a decent buck to a spike being taken. But I have said a million times the time work and lost opertunities when you take an animal leads to even more excitement and the memory of how hard you hunted that season or seasons leading up to that kill make that animal a trophy. A few a years ago now I had hunted 85 days hard letting many bucks walk by as I was working on taking a larger buck at home in Ohio it's only 1 buck aloud to be taken. The end of the year crept up on me and I took a six point that I would never have shot at the beginning of the year but I was proud of that buck because I had worked so hard at taking one. I even European mounted him just a broke up little 6 point rack and still to this day one of my most memorable hints to dat and I've been hunting nearly 25 years. Good luck to all of you and thank you for putting the meaning of a true trophy back into perspective for me.

Thanks Jim for sharing your 6pt experience!

When I take my boys hunting they get excited wether they take a doe, spike or 10pt buck it doesn't matter to them what the harvest might be, their excited!!

Comment

Any luck out there today? Wont be able to hunt until atleast the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
                    Any luck out there today? Wont be able to hunt until atleast the 12th.
                    I hope not for today

Comment

3 bucks brought in today. One of them confiscated for being under sized.

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                      And a fawn today
                      Home page updated with note

ALL HUNTERS: Please be mindful of all WTD harvest restriction before taking a shot at any WTD. Three animals harvested in the last three weeks have been confiscated, two for being short of an inside spread of 13 inches and the other was a doe fawn. Two of the confiscated WTD shutdown the area they were harvested in for a specific sex. Failure to adhere to state hunting laws and JBSA - Camp Bullis Hunting Regulations can result in fines and administrative penalties. PLEASE if you are on the fence about whether or not an individual deer is legal for harvest let it walk it isn't worth the penalties or the potential damage done to the WTD herd for subsequent years. Should you have any questions regarding the WTD harvest restrictions please give us a call at 210-293-0079.
                      Last edited by That Guy; 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Wasnt thinking that today was Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
                          Wasnt thinking that today was Monday.
                          I hear ya, today is my Monday, tomorrow Wednesday and Thursday my Friday, woot!

Comment

Harvest log is up. Any bets on closed areas?

Comment

Definitely not updated yet.

Comment

3A?

Comment

Working...
                                X