No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmon guys. I am enjoying your blog. Im a former Bullis guy, neighbor still is. Any luck this weekend yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stikflipr View Post
      Cmon guys. I am enjoying your blog. Im a former Bullis guy, neighbor still is. Any luck this weekend yet?

I haven't heard of anyone getting anything. I got swirling wind over at my area but its a nice evening and the air is clean and free. So I'm going to sit back and relax. Maybe something will show.

Comment

I'm dying in mine. No wind. Sweating my life away.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DannyC View Post
          I'm dying in mine. No wind. Sweating my life away.

Same here!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
            Even if wounded bucks don't count against that years quota, if it dies, it will reduce the herd. In a small way, it will affect the count the following year. Sparsely populated areas need small quotas to maintain a healthy herd.

I have a hard time accepting the number of wounded animals over corn. The last time I signed in, I heard some guy boasting about taking a 50 yard shot at a buck and didn't verify the yardage. The arrow sailed over his back and he said it was probably 45 yards. Of course he did say he checked for blood just in case he hit it.

Because I own land, I'm probably more sensitive, so I apologize if I sound so negative.

My philosophy is this: An ethical hunter practices and is proficient at twice the range he intends on harvesting an animal. He'll more times than not pass on taking the shot because the circumstances don't allow for certainty.

As hunters we owe it to the animal to be more ethical. For me, archery is a way of life. I loath those that only pull out there bow the week before the season begins.

Would like to know what everyone else thinks about all these wounded animals?

So I had some downtime at work and happened to run across this... I am the guy who took the 50 yard shot. I didn't take a shot that I am not comfortable with, I shot competitions back in NC and I have also killed deer up to and past the 50 yard mark. I don't see how it is "unethical" to shoot that far if you are comfortable with the shot. The deer ducked the arrow, it happens. I found the arrow with no blood. And by no means was I "boasting". What I don't understand is how you are going to sit behind a computer and say something but you couldn't tell me in person? I would appreciate it if you have something to say it would be to me first and not via online.

Have a good day Boweye...

-Corbin Foster

Comment

This was yesterday at 6pm. Hopefully they come back today...

Comment

Fingers crossed

Comment

6:30....any piggies yet

Comment

Had 6 just now. Focused on the big one, a little one spooked and they all bailed like there was a fire in their *****

Comment

Looks like it's Hogs 1, Hunter 0 tonight

Comment

I got a hog headed in to check it now

Comment

Awesome. I had a big gray one running with a bunch of black ones. They all bailed on me. Is that the one you got?

Comment

Camp Bullis 2016

Had 22 come out this evening. Waited for a big sow. She dressed out at 147lbs at the processor.

Comment

I was surprised she weighed that much i was guessing right around 100, but i watched him check it with a plate weight. Plus ive used them many times and they've always been right on.

Comment

She will eat good! What processor did you go with?

Comment

Working...
                                X