Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
    Saw a few does Saturday morning and nothing that evening. Missed Sunday morning because my alarm clock was set on Colorado time. Got back from Colorado elk hunt a week or so ago and forgot to reset my alarm clock. Nothing came in Sunday night. Tom.
    Tom, how did the elk hunt go?

Comment

I hunted the same area I have hunted the past 20 years. GMU 63 just outside of Crawford Colorado in Gunnison National Forest. It was by far the worst year for Elk in the past 20 years. I met some friends that had been hunting the area for 3 weeks and even though they had muzzle loader elk and bear tags they had not seen a thing. It was a dry winter and resulted in no berries or acorns in that area. I never even saw an Elk track. Every year is different but this year really sucked. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
        I hunted the same area I have hunted the past 20 years. GMU 63 just outside of Crawford Colorado in Gunnison National Forest. It was by far the worst year for Elk in the past 20 years. I met some friends that had been hunting the area for 3 weeks and even though they had muzzle loader elk and bear tags they had not seen a thing. It was a dry winter and resulted in no berries or acorns in that area. I never even saw an Elk track. Every year is different but this year really sucked. Tom
        That's a bummer, well hopefully Bullis will provide you with a nice trophy and meat in freezer.

Comment

Hey guys, any ideas how to get hogs to come out during the day? Saw a doe in 5B-4 on Saturday but she has a fawn, so I'm paranoid about shooting any does from my blind. Figure I'll be safe with hogs but they're only on my cam around 2am.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Colder conditions and having a new moon will bring them out more during daylight hours.

Comment

All the piggies in my area are 100% nocturnal as of now, It was like that last year also until the end of this month, then it was a mad rush to the feeder for my morning feed time.

Comment

Cool. That's a good heads up. Sounds like I just need to wait a little bit, lol

Comment

Looking and waiting for update on the 21day, I'm trying to plan my days...

Comment

Zoom in to your area
                      Then Click the Basemap to change imagery views or topo

Comment

TA-2A buck quota met. Wow! Still a manual check in this weekend as well

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

do you get an email when the quota has been met?

Comment

No it's on the new 21 day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
                              do you get an email when the quota has been met?
                              You should've received the email with the new 21 day attached

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like I am doing 2 evening hunts at the end of the month since I have plans this weekend and the schedule changed drastically
                                Last edited by a21davis; 10-06-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X