Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
    May need to take you up on that dog Froggy!! Just shot a buck ten minutes after I got in the stand!! Hit him in the front shoulder/chest and he ran about ten yards then slowly walked off. Didn't hear him drop. Still in the stand now giving him time. Didn't get a pass through and using a bloodrunner. I hope he falls!!!
    If you need help tracking, let me know. My son is in for thanksgiving, so I will have two sets of eyes.

Comment

I sure will. Thank you very much! I just shot a doe 5 minutes ago too!!!

Comment

Dang dude! Stack em up like cord wood! Congrats!

Comment

Is it either sex today at Lbj???

Comment

Originally posted by ironman View Post
            dang dude! Stack em up like cord wood! Congrats!

good luck !!

Comment

That would be an expensive doe, based on another thread and updates to that thread and TPWD website antlerless on USFS is 24-27 November.

Comment

A doe ?? I hope not ��������

Comment

Welp, it turns out that LUCKILY I missed the doe!!!!! I could have sworn I nailed her and it passed through. Muse have just barely went over her back. Froggy came out to help me find the buck and informed me that does aren't legal after gun season started. That would have been a stupid, and expensive mistake!!! After a few hours of tracking we gave up. Blood just disappeared after a couple hundred yards or so.

Comment

I would love to get a dedicated blood tracking dog to run it down but I just can't afford the kind of cash that is usually asked.

Comment

So you missed the doe and couldn't find the buck?

Comment

Yep....what a day!

Comment

I'm sure he is laying down out there somewhere.

Comment

Sorry man. You think you hit the shoulder and just didn't get any penetration?

Comment

It definitely wasn't a pass through. He ran about ten yards and stopped to figure out what just happened. Looked like the arrow went in about 8 inches or so. Really good blood full of bubbles for the first 50 yards of so. Then it slowed down considerably. By the end we were lucky to find a drop every 50 yards.

Comment

I am super disappointed about the buck but man am I ever happy I missed the doe!!!!! I've read the regs 100 times and for the life of me I thought it was either sex all season, not just archery only season. How I missed her I have no clue, she wasn't 8 yards away. I think it was just the angle and she ducked. I've never been so happy in my life to miss a deer!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X