No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make it out this evening. Any rutting going on or are the deer being nocturnal?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't been out since last weekend. Curious what gun season did to them.

Comment

That's one nasty looking hog. Good job JoDan. KAP.

My grandson killed this mature buck Saturday morning. His neck was swollen and he was following a doe. He was on our lease about 1/4 mile from the grasslands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jerred's 2016 buck.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	24470097

Comment

That's a great buck congrats to him!!! One of the guys I work with seen a fella loading a nice 8pt with long brow tines Saturday morning on the LBJ, he rattled him in then brought him nearly into his lap with a grunt call. At 12 yards the buck was no match for his slug.

Comment

Very nice Froggy! Congrats to your grandson!

Comment

Saw 3 does Sat morning, and heard 3 centerfire shots nearby. Sat night was dead, saw one 50# pig, and heard no shots.

Froggy- We never did find that buck last week. Buckshot went back out the next day listening for crows. Came to the conclusion that it might have arm pitted the buck and came out the brisket. We will never know I guess. Thank you again for your time and efforts, we were very grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
                Saw 3 does Sat morning, and heard 3 centerfire shots nearby. Sat night was dead, saw one 50# pig, and heard no shots.

Froggy- We never did find that buck last week. Buckshot went back out the next day listening for crows. Came to the conclusion that it might have arm pitted the buck and came out the brisket. We will never know I guess. Thank you again for your time and efforts, we were very grateful.
                You're welcome. I'm beginning to think Diesel has decided to retire from blood tracking. He's 0 for 4 this year. I put him on a good blood trail Saturday morning and he could've cared less. We followed the blood by sight for about 1/4 mile while he roamed around. I may have to take him back to school for a refresher course. Dang dogs.

WCB was out there helping and he tracked better than Diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                  You're welcome. I'm beginning to think Diesel has decided to retire from blood tracking. He's 0 for 4 this year. I put him on a good blood trail Saturday morning and he could've cared less. We followed the blood by sight for about 1/4 mile while he roamed around. I may have to take him back to school for a refresher course. Dang dogs.

WCB was out there helping and he tracked better than Diesel.
                  Yep! WCB is a pretty good dog!

Comment

I agree. When that old boy puts his nose before his mind, he can do and find anything.

Comment

come one Diesel!!! Get it together!!! NIce buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Yep! WCB is a pretty good dog!
                        Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I agree. When that old boy puts his nose before his mind, he can do and find anything.
                        I tried to get him to bark when he found blood but he would only grunt and groan.

Comment

Anybody out this morning? They are moving pretty good.

Comment

Anybody out this morning? They are moving pretty good.
                            Are they running through your back pasture?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                              Are they running through your back pasture?
                              Yes. I have deer everyday, but I have a young 8pt. Giving the does hell. It's like watching a tennis match back there.

Comment

Yes. I have deer everyday, but I have a young 8pt. Giving the does hell. It's like watching a tennis match back there.
                                Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X