Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freight Mover View Post
    October 6
    Thanx, figure second draw will be next day.

Comment

Matador. GDE
      It took 30 years, I had 29 preference points. I will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueduck View Post
        Matador. GDE
        Wow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          I went to Garner last year. It was some great scenery, but the hunting conditions were not ideal. All the rain had everything green and I did not see a single deer (white tail or axis) while in the stand. Only two were killed during our hunt period.

Hopefully, things work out better for you. It seems that stand 9 is one of the better stands. Lots of deer traffic there.

I did see 6 turkey, but they werent on the list.

Congrats and good luck.
          I noticed the success rate was only 8%, a little concerning but, going anyway! Especially since it's the only hunt I have won so far will probably the only one.

Comment

My daughter got drawn for Palo Duro Canyon, deer either sex!

Comment

Originally posted by Blueduck View Post
              Matador. GDE
              Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                I noticed the success rate was only 8%, a little concerning but, going anyway! Especially since it's the only hunt I have won so far will probably the only one.
                The park started doing axis hunts about a year or two ago and are basically eliminating the axis deer population.

Since they started doing the helo killings the success rate has tanked

Comment

I've put in the last 6 years for like 15 lotteries each year....never won yet!
                  but this year I'm going to win that Bighorn Sheep Hunt for sure.

Comment

After a long dry spell, I got drawn foe antlerless/spike at Enchanted Rock. Anybody know anything about hunting there?

Comment

Originally posted by one eye joe View Post
                      After a long dry spell, I got drawn foe antlerless/spike at Enchanted Rock. Anybody know anything about hunting there?
                      I've been there a couple of times. Park personnel take you to box blinds (no feeders - but they allow baiting). Plenty of whitetail but a few exotics like fallow and aoudad. Good luck.

Comment

What does it mean by compartment only?
                        Will others be in your area? Is it pretty safe for kids?

On ones that say assigned blinds and you have a group for a youth hunt are you all in the same blind?
                        How do they assign the blinds?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                          What does it mean by compartment only?
                          Will others be in your area? Is it pretty safe for kids?

On ones that say assigned blinds and you have a group for a youth hunt are you all in the same blind?
                          How do they assign the blinds?

By compartment means you hunt a designated area assigned to you. There may or may not be stands available. You can hunt most anywhere within your compartment.

Safety has always been a high priority on these types of hunts in my experience.

Typically one hunter (and supervising adult) are assigned to a single blind. I've never heard of TPWD putting and entire group in one blind.

Blinds are randomly drawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by one eye joe View Post

I was out there a few years ago for this same hunt. I think our group killed 20 or so deer. We didn't see any pigs or exotics. Beautiful scenery, great staff and one Id like to go on again.

When I was there, of course they shut the park down and it is a popular one like Garner. The park ranger said he had been turning park visitors away and one crazy lady started driving up and down the road honking her horn to scare the deer. after not heeding the rangers warnings, she got a ticket for Hunter harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                              By compartment means you hunt a designated area assigned to you. There may or may not be stands available. You can hunt most anywhere within your compartment.

Safety has always been a high priority on these types of hunts in my experience.

Typically one hunter (and supervising adult) are assigned to a single blind. I've never heard of TPWD putting and entire group in one blind.

Blinds are randomly drawn.

Thanks

I have a 16 year old who has taken hunter safety and a 11 year old who hasn't.
                              I'm guessing we would be all in the same blind or maybe the 16 by himself.
                              They let you put a group in for the youth hunts with only one supervising adult. That is why I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                                Thanks

I have a 16 year old who has taken hunter safety and a 11 year old who hasn't.

I'm guessing we would be all in the same blind or maybe the 16 by himself.

They let you put a group in for the youth hunts with only one supervising adult. That is why I'm confused.

That is confusing. I'm sure someone else around here has been in the same boat and can give you better details.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X