No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy all, Joined the site almost a year ago but got busy and haven't been back till now. I have been putting in for a few years now and I haven't drawn anything yet. I was wondering how many points do you guys have when you get drawn for what category.
    Happy hunting and good luck this season

Comment

Points don't count for much, it comes down to luck of the draw. If you have 10 points that means your name is entered into the draw 10 times. There is no real correlation between number of points and draw success.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
        Points don't count for much, it comes down to luck of the draw. If you have 10 points that means your name is entered into the draw 10 times. There is no real correlation between number of points and draw success.
        So its not like the Colorado draws. Where they draw from a pool of people with say 10 points then if any left over then they draw from a pool of 9 points.
        It being like you said each point is a name in the hat, is not the way I thought it was. That being said, when it says that 2500 people put in for a particular hunt is that how many total entries or how many individuals (not counting how many entries each may have).

Sorry if this is first grade knowledge for y'all. I guess Iv had my interpretation of it being one way and thats not it at all. So Im just trying to understand it correctly.
        Thanks for the feedback and setting me right on the matter.

Comment

I believe the 2500 would be individuals not including points, but not 100% sure on that.

Where are you a FF at?

Comment

I believe the 2500 would be individuals not including points, but not 100% sure on that.

Where are you a FF at?
            I will say locally. I don't like to disclose on social media. And I don't have enough posts to be able to PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
              Husband and I were drawn for the third hunt at Government Canyon, antlerless/spike. Hunt is during the week so I can deer hunt and duck hunt on the weekend. Works for me

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
              I'd love to get drawn for that one, it's like 5 minutes from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfirebow View Post
                So its not like the Colorado draws. Where they draw from a pool of people with say 10 points then if any left over then they draw from a pool of 9 points.

It being like you said each point is a name in the hat, is not the way I thought it was. That being said, when it says that 2500 people put in for a particular hunt is that how many total entries or how many individuals (not counting how many entries each may have).

Sorry if this is first grade knowledge for y'all. I guess Iv had my interpretation of it being one way and thats not it at all. So Im just trying to understand it correctly.

Thanks for the feedback and setting me right on the matter.

Correct, Texas pp are totally different from Colorado pp.
                I've been drawn with less than 5 points for a high demand area buck hunt several times.
                I currently have 20 points for a moderate demand are in the anterless category.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfirebow View Post
                  Howdy all, Joined the site almost a year ago but got busy and haven't been back till now. I have been putting in for a few years now and I haven't drawn anything yet. I was wondering how many points do you guys have when you get drawn for what category.
                  Happy hunting and good luck this season
                  I have been drawn with as little as 2 points, and I got drawn via 2nd draw with 7 points. When I hunted in the James Daughtery I had 6 points in and a fellow hunter told me he waited 12 years to get picked. As long as your name is in the hat.....

Comment

So far my son and I are 0-fer this year.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                      I have been drawn with as little as 2 points, and I got drawn via 2nd draw with 7 points. When I hunted in the James Daughtery I had 6 points in and a fellow hunter told me he waited 12 years to get picked. As long as your name is in the hat.....

Any advice or lessons learned for James Daughtrey? My 9 year old be hunting there in December. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it all makes sense now. Last year a friend of mine was drawn for Kerr Co with only 3 pnts. I have 6 pnts this yr for that catagory and didn't get drawn for anything. Hell I entered my wife for the first time ever this yr and she got a SHNF tag.

Ok so if you enter with a grp I know it goes by the person with the fewest pnts. So the person with the fewest points has 5 pnts does that mean your grp has 5 chances or is it 5 chances times the number of ppl in the grp. I pretty much put in solo for all of the hunts now because got tired of ppl flaking on other hunt opportunities. Which kinda sucks but I guess its better to hunt solo than not at all.

Thanks for all the input and info.

Comment

Your pref. Points will be an average of the individual points. Two people put in on a card one has 10 pp and the other has 0 pp. The card will be assigned 5 pp.

Comment

Your pref. Points will be an average of the individual points. Two people put in on a card one has 10 pp and the other has 0 pp. The card will be assigned 5 pp.
                            Gotcha. Well they say you should learn something new everyday. I think Im good for the week now. Good luck to all those who got drawn.

Comment

No second chance this time. Good news is at least I have a lease to hunt on this year. I only found out on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                                Any advice or lessons learned for James Daughtrey? My 9 year old be hunting there in December. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I hunted compartment 5. Saw a ton of hogs in the sendero along the river. I was there for the "trophy" hunt. After they released us, I drove in and baited the sendero by the river for the night hunt. Had a few hours to burn, so I set up under a shade tree watching another sendero by an oil pump. Hit the rattling horns a few times and 15 mins into sitting in my chair out jumps a nice shooter buck and makes a bee line for me. I had him in the scope but didn't want to go home after only being there for less than an hour. Short time after that buck walks by, I see another bigger bodied buck with a floppy ear. Watched him for a bit, picked my gun up, didn't pull the trigger, cause I just got there. That night in the river sendero I baited I get covered up in hogs, see a few does, and a small 10 point that was inside his ears. Next morning I set up by the pump house, and had the big floppy eared buck in my scope with 2 mins until legal shooting light, then he disappears into the brush. Never saw him again. Later I would see several does, a few small bucks. Also saw a bunch of javelinas, and a few coyotes. Saw two javi's run off a young coyote. Pretty cool to watch that.

Compartments 1-5 were slow my week. Hunters in the compartments down near choke canyon (11-13) saw more deer. One guy had no less than 10 bucks every hunt in front of him. One buck was taken. While I was there.

Comment

Working...
                                X