2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
    Headed home from our alligator hunt at JD Murphree. Will post details and pics later, but ended up with a 7', 9'3", & 10'8".
    congrats! heading there tomorrow. hope you left us some what area did you hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      Rifle exotic has been drawn but not archery exotic. Deadline for GDE is the 20th.
      Aww gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
        congrats! heading there tomorrow. hope you left us some what area did you hunt?
        Top secret[emoji6] Just kidding...we hunted #12. Water hyacinth is so bad they're not hunting the Big Hill unit much. Most hunters are in the Salt Bayou units. Got the 9'3" with archery gear and the other 2 on hook and line.

Comment

Congrats on the gators I hunted there last year with my wife and had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
            They really need to create a points only option...it would help everybody out in the end.
            I agree with this. I have one place I want to hunt archery mule deer but they don't hunt it every year so on those years I don't put in, and don't gain in points either. This year they listed it but for does only. I didn't catch it and put in. Luckily I saw it and had them withdraw my app. I sure woulda been upset to lose all my points on a mule deer doe hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
              Did not get picked for Private Lands - Antlerless/Spike at Travis County.
              X2.... been wanting this one as I could hunt before and after work without taking time off

Comment

I celebrated "pass over" as well on the Private Lands hunt and don't really expect too much from the 9/20 drawings as I have zero points in the GDE and put in for places with really long odds.

Having already won a bow hunt at the Daughtrey and Javi at the Chap after winning Matagorda Island last year I can't complain...

Having said that, I wouldn't turn down a Mule deer hunt this year...

Comment

Originally posted by jctex81 View Post
                  X2.... been wanting this one as I could hunt before and after work without taking time off
                  I got picked for it last year and enjoyed it even though I saw nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    I celebrated "pass over" as well on the Private Lands hunt and don't really expect too much from the 9/20 drawings as I have zero points in the GDE and put in for places with really long odds.

Having already won a bow hunt at the Daughtrey and Javi at the Chap after winning Matagorda Island last year I can't complain...

Having said that, I wouldn't turn down a Mule deer hunt this year...
                    I'm actually hoping I don't win. I applied to one hunt in each category to get points. I can't really afford to take off work this year. But if I did win, I'd find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                      I'm actually hoping I don't win. I applied to one hunt in each category to get points. I can't really afford to take off work this year. But if I did win, I'd find a way.
                      Ironically, that was my thought as well. My dad is on a new lease and I have a lease of my own plus an invite to hunt with him and one other.

If I win any that I put in for, it will be worth what ever it takes to make them.

Of all years, with zero points it would be funny if I drew the Chap...

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
                        I drew an exotic hunt at Palo Duro Canyon.

We figured them out on the second afternoon and missed one at about 500 yards. We found them again the third morning but then the wind got up to 30 mph and they bedded up in some big canyons out of the hunt area. It was an awesome hunt and I hope to somehow get drawn again. It only took about 10 years for that draw.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk
                        Going this year! Got any tips you can give me. I've never been there.

Comment

I sure do. I'll pm you later when I have some more time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pending 2nd Draw PL-ES, Travis County and McMullen Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                              Pending 2nd Draw PL-ES, Travis County and McMullen Ranch
                              What does "Pending 2nd Draw" actually mean?

Comment

Originally posted by David DeAnda View Post
                                What does "Pending 2nd Draw" actually mean?
                                Its a nice way of breaking it to you that you didnt draw.

If someone doesnt pay their permit fee, they will redraw.

Comment

Working...
                                X