2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .270 View Post
    After years of applying, finally got drawn for Garner State Park Exotic hunt!!!
    I went to Garner last year. It was some great scenery, but the hunting conditions were not ideal. All the rain had everything green and I did not see a single deer (white tail or axis) while in the stand. Only two were killed during our hunt period.

Hopefully, things work out better for you. It seems that stand 9 is one of the better stands. Lots of deer traffic there.

I did see 6 turkey, but they werent on the list.

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      Got drawn for Mason Mountain WMA exotics along with Texantax and Sanne.
      Mason Mountain was my first win for a Drawn Hunt. Call early and book your room there at the Lodge they have for hunters. Free to stay there and nice set up.

Comment

Mason Mountain was my first win for a Drawn Hunt. Call early and book your room there at the Lodge they have for hunters. Free to stay there and nice set up.
        Already done. Thanks. This was an early win for me and I drew Mason the following week for archery. You there in Oct. too?

Comment

Originally posted by cleanair0 View Post
          I did too for the 10/4-10/7 hunt. Will you guys be on this hunt period or the 9/20-9/23 hunt?
          We will be there 10/4-10/7. Look forward to meeting you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            We will be there 10/4-10/7. Look forward to meeting you.
            Likewise.

Comment

After years of applying, finally got drawn for Garner State Park Exotic hunt!!!
              Good luck man

Looks like they did the Helo Kill again on Axis this year.... Wish they'd just issue more permits at different times for us hunters rather then the Helo method

Comment

Originally posted by cleanair0 View Post
                Likewise.
                Got picked archery deer at mm also oct 11-14, see you out there.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterH View Post
                  Got picked archery deer at mm also oct 11-14, see you out there.
                  Awesome! See you then.

Comment

Did not get picked for Private Lands - Antlerless/Spike at Travis County.

Comment

well i was drawn for the Terrell County private lands hunt - Either Sex

ive been putting in for these for a while now. My daughter was selected for a spike/doe hunt at Fairfield lake, so far so good!

Comment

i was selected for the terrell county private lands hunt - either sex. Had 9 preference points. This will be my first private lands hunt.
                        My daughter was drawn for a spike/doe hunt at Fairfield lake, so far so good!

Comment

When are the rifle exotic & either sex hunts drawn?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            When are the rifle exotic & either sex hunts drawn?
                            Rifle exotic has been drawn but not archery exotic. Deadline for GDE is the 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              i was selected for the terrell county private lands hunt - either sex. Had 9 preference points. This will be my first private lands hunt.
                              My daughter was drawn for a spike/doe hunt at Fairfield lake, so far so good!
                              pending 2nd draw for me at Travis County

Comment

Headed home from our alligator hunt at JD Murphree. Will post details and pics later, but ended up with a 7', 9'3", & 10'8".

Comment

Working...
                                X