No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been drawn for the archery at LAS PALOMAS WMA - ARROYO COLORADO UNIT. This year they've moved the archery after several gun hunts. A week long hunt for 1 deer... at least I won't be hunting in 90 degree weather.

Comment

Originally posted by frogfuz View Post
      I've been drawn for the archery at LAS PALOMAS WMA - ARROYO COLORADO UNIT. This year they've moved the archery after several gun hunts. A week long hunt for 1 deer... at least I won't be hunting in 90 degree weather.

It was HOT down there last year. Saw a bunch of does and Javelinas but no bucks.

Comment

Struck out on today's drawings...not surprised, they were all long odds but you have to pay to play.

Comment

So did I. I sure hope to get a chance to bow hunt some mulies soon. Sure, it will be a challenge, but Im up for it!

Comment

My group as well, sure was hoping 17 points would work in our favor.

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            Struck out on today's drawings...not surprised, they were all long odds but you have to pay to play.

Comment

Yeah, 13 points for me on the goat and 7 for the Mulie archery. Wasn't expecting much but there's always hope.

Can't complain as I have two in the books so far this year.

Comment

Added a few more Pending 2nd Draw to my list......

Comment

Does anyone know when they actually draw the 'pending second draw' for archery? I'm still pending, but wasn't sure what the actually deadline was for the original people who were drawn to pay before they proceeded to do the second draw.

Comment

I managed to draw archery mule deer at elephant mountain with 2 points! Feeling like I should go by a lottery ticket this afternoon![emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                      Does anyone know when they actually draw the 'pending second draw' for archery? I'm still pending, but wasn't sure what the actually deadline was for the original people who were drawn to pay before they proceeded to do the second draw.
                      Money is due on August 28th, the drawing will be a day or two later in which it change to "not drawn"....which is tpwd speak for LOOSER!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                        Added a few more Pending 2nd Draw to my list......
                        Same here. On to the next round in September!

Comment

More pending 2nd for me .....

Comment

Mine read "PENDING 2nd DRAW"

Comment

A couple years ago a fellow hunter I met at the Chap swore that his odds increased when he put his wife and or son on the application. Hogwash. However, this year I put my 13 y/o son on a Pronghorn application, which brought my group points down to 6. What do you know, but we were drawn!
                              Anyone else subscribe to this conspiracy theory? That guy may have been onto something.

Comment

I just got notification that I got drawn on a 2nd drawing for Mason Mountain Javelina in February.

Comment

Working...
                                X