No announcement yet.

Kansas 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deer in Kansas, why would anyone leave the deer population Capitol of the country to hunt up there?

Comment

Cool, Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by shootallanimals View Post
        I thought kansas was OTC tags
        Nope. It's a draw state.

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
        No deer in Kansas, why would anyone leave the deer population Capitol of the country to hunt up there?
        That's right!!!

Comment

Drawn again private farm land outside Topeka around silver lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready to roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First time to KS this year.. Units 11&12 .. Anyone else hunting that area?

Comment

EASTEXASARCHER, I'm hunting in 12 on private land. This is my second year we were late timing the rut by about a week last year. Hopefully our timing is better this year.

Comment

Good luck to yall this year.. Wish I had piece of private land to hunt up there.. Im finding plenty of public land to hunt in those areas but no local place to stay. Not even a primitive camp ground within an hr of where I want to hunt. Im planning on making 2 trips, one on opening weekend of archery season more or less to scout around / hunt, and the second trip will be the first weekend in November.

Comment

I've been hunting 12 and 11 for quite a few years. I picked 12 and 14 this year.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

We are leaving on Oct 31 for 14 days. Hope they decide to move during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
                        We are leaving on Oct 31 for 14 days. Hope they decide to move during that time.
                        you should be good

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                          you should be good
                          Should be right in the wheel house!

Comment

Barely got leftover tags. Unit 13 & 14. Buddy didn't get his. He will be hunting in OK on border and I will be in Kansas. Anyone ever hunt on KAW WMA? Just curious as to quality of deer on that place. Not looking for any secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTEXASARCHER View Post
                              First time to KS this year.. Units 11&12 .. Anyone else hunting that area?
                              I hunted unit 11 last year. Hunted on Hollister WMA and surrounding WIHA land.
                              I experienced some low deer numbers and high pressure there. If I were hunting public in unit 11 again (didn't get drew) I would hunt strictly WIHA land or somewhere that a canoe would help me out. (like mined lands)

Comment

im out this year. look like im going to hunt OK for the first time. have hunted KS past 5-6 years. I have been wanting to give OK a shot, so this will give me the perfect opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X