• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, hope u find him!

Comment

Update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate to say it. But with this rain your gonna need to look for the birds circling.
        Next week

Comment

No luck. This ones a heart breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
            No luck. This ones a heart breaker.

Hate to hear that man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

In the 120s now for duck numbers on public [emoji1303]killed a band this morning

Comment

Did you lose your Girl? She's mine now. LOL

I sneaked into a new spot and came across a hog highway, so I setup close to where I saw three huge pigs the evening before. Arrive early in the afternoon and quietly cut four shooting lanes. Settled in for the evening and was feeling really good. Maybe over confident. I was thinking about how I would transport my hog to my truck. Afternoon came and went and the sun had just set. I was sure the hogs would pass any minute. To my surprise I heard the crack of somebody shooting what sounded like a crossbow. Moments later this sow comes running full speed towards my stand. Arrow notch and at full draw I was ready to plug her. She comes to a crashing stop 10 yards away, lands on her side and starts kicking wildly in the air. Her ears start twitching and she expires to my complete surprise. *** just happen, I thought to myself. I sit there for a minute or two, sure the Hunter would come walking towards me. Nada. So I call and whistle. Nada. Now it's dark and raining. So I cut her up into three pieces and packed her out in a cold dark rain. Nobody at trail head. I lost a big hog three weeks ago and now I find this sow. God works in mysterious ways but I am thankful.

RedTail Hunter
                Attached Files

Comment

That's an awesome story, Redtail! I like how you sliced her up and hauled her out like a true woodsman.

Comment

Did you have a frickin saw in your pack or what?

Comment

Finally got out there for my first hog hunt of the season. Got onto a big group of them and took a shot at a good sized sow right before dark. Waited on my buddy to meet up for help tracking. Decent blood trail that ended in a gut pile. Still scratching my head over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        Finally got out there for my first hog hunt of the season. Got onto a big group of them and took a shot at a good sized sow right before dark. Waited on my buddy to meet up for help tracking. Decent blood trail that ended in a gut pile. Still scratching my head over that one.

LOL. I see what you did there.

Nicely done.

Comment

Larry,

YGTBKM. If you buy me a beer I'll share some pork with you. PM me where you were hunting. LOL. I forgot my knife back at the truck but I did have a gut razor and my folding saw that has cut open a few deer, an elk and now a sow. My gut hook broke at the get go. So I removed the box razor blade and MacGyvered the field dressing procedure. I initially tried to pack her out in two sections but she was one heavy broad. So I had to stop and trim one more time for a total of three quarters, which I made three trips to pack her heavy butt out in the cold dark rain. Got caught up in some gnarly bush on the first trip but I always carry some pocket hedge clippers (carry over from turkey hunting) and cut my way out. Thank god for GPS because I was all turned around after that, but thanks to my GPS I found the trail back. I finished skinning her in the Walmart parking lot off 377. And the nice attendant at the near by gas station let me wash her out with the gas station water hose. Had a gas station customer snap a quick pix and drove back to my hotel near the DFW airport. Iced down the meat and cleaned up. I was at Twin Peaks celebrating over a cold one by 11:45pm. Not a bad night!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
                              Larry,

YGTBKM. If you buy me a beer I'll share some pork with you. PM me where you were hunting. LOL. I forgot my knife back at the truck but I did have a gut razor and my folding saw that has cut open a few deer, an elk and now a sow. My gut hook broke at the get go. So I removed the box razor blade and MacGyvered the field dressing procedure. I initially tried to pack her out in two sections but she was one heavy broad. So I had to stop and trim one more time for a total of three quarters, which I made three trips to pack her heavy butt out in the cold dark rain. Got caught up in some gnarly bush on the first trip but I always carry some pocket hedge clippers (carry over from turkey hunting) and cut my way out. Thank god for GPS because I was all turned around after that, but thanks to my GPS I found the trail back. I finished skinning her in the Walmart parking lot off 377. And the nice attendant at the near by gas station let me wash her out with the gas station water hose. Had a gas station customer snap a quick pix and drove back to my hotel near the DFW airport. Iced down the meat and cleaned up. I was at Twin Peaks celebrating over a cold one by 11:45pm. Not a bad night!!
                              ...another walmart processing? They should just open up a wash/process station at every walmart now.

Comment

haha! i stalked a buck yesterday evening, got to 32 yards but decided not to shoot...Larry will thank me next year when he becomes a real booner.

Comment

Working...
                                X