• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topshot View Post
    you don't have gps data embedded so i'm unable to locate it

I left those out on purpose [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had something new happen today. I had a deer sneak up behind and blow at me from about 20yrds and then silence. I did not hear it run off, walk off or bound away. Just silence afterwards! Usually when they bust you they bail the hell out. This one did not.

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

The other day I thought "why doesn't anyone hunt grapevine on a bike."

Well I found out why. The bike trails out there are extremely difficult. This makes them really really difficult when you add a tree stand and a bow on your back.

In total, I went over the handlebars twice, and I wiped out 4 times.

I've canoed in places 6-7 miles. Hunted 15 miles back in Colorado with a 70lb pack, and done a few bike marathons and none of them compare even one iota to as hard as that bike trail.

In total it was 8 miles, and I won't be doing that again. If you're contemplating it, don't.

A guy died out there a few years ago. Those trails don't mess around!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
          The other day I thought "why doesn't anyone hunt grapevine on a bike."

Well I found out why. The bike trails out there are extremely difficult. This makes them really really difficult when you add a tree stand and a bow on your back.

In total, I went over the handlebars twice, and I wiped out 4 times.

I've canoed in places 6-7 miles. Hunted 15 miles back in Colorado with a 70lb pack, and done a few bike marathons and none of them compare even one iota to as hard as that bike trail.

In total it was 8 miles, and I won't be doing that again. If you're contemplating it, don't.

A guy died out there a few years ago. Those trails don't mess around!

lol, walking that bike trail is hard enough kirby - i can't imagine doing it on a bike, in the dark, with 30-50 pounds of gear on your back and a bow with delicate pin sights.

I'm glad you and the deer are okay!

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
            I left those out on purpose [emoji57]

but then your original question is invalid- please put them back and let me try again haha

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
              lol, walking that bike trail is hard enough kirby - i can't imagine doing it on a bike, in the dark, with 30-50 pounds of gear on your back and a bow with delicate pin sights.

I'm glad you and the deer are okay!

Oh it's down to about 20lbs with my setup on stand and sticks.
              And the bow with "delicate sites" thing has stuff with a lifetime warranty these days.
              If you can break it, I've probably broken it.

Hopefully this rain stops!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                Oh it's down to about 20lbs with my setup on stand and sticks.
                And the bow with "delicate sites" thing has stuff with a lifetime warranty these days.
                If you can break it, I've probably broken it.

Hopefully this rain stops!

congrats to you for getting it so light, you must be hauling aluminum and very little water including the extra 20 pounds of flesh on my back I'm toting somewhere around 50-60 pounds every time I go out.

Comment

Good info about the trails. Take the four wheeler and leave the bike at home. [emoji3]

Comment

Nothing sucks more than not having a deer permit and having to hog hunt during deer season. It seems the bucks know it, and purposefully cruise/feed right under my stand in an attempt to mock me as I can only sit there an watch....

Comment

I biked Benbrook, but wouldn't even consider Grapevine. Those trails are rough. BTW, that is good way to get a broadhead to back or arm..keep safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
                        Nothing sucks more than not having a deer permit and having to hog hunt during deer season. It seems the bucks know it, and purposefully cruise/feed right under my stand in an attempt to mock me as I can only sit there an watch....
                        Ill trade you locations !

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                          Ill trade you locations !
                          lol, right...you show me your spot with deer and i'll point you to the piggies.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                            Ill trade you locations...
                            ...said no self appointed expert public hunting land hunter extraordinaire ever.

Comment

I was half tempted to jump down on his back just to see if I could wrestle him to the ground.. but I figured I'd walk away with more bruises than him.

Comment

Originally posted by txcatsailor01 View Post
                                i was half tempted to jump down on his back just to see if i could wrestle him to the ground.. But i figured i'd walk away with more bruises than him.
                                that would have been fun to watch!

Comment

Working...
                                X