Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txfrog View Post
    I'm new to hunting in Texas - If i am reading the regulations right, it is legal to shoot a doe, spike, or buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater on Grapevine with the deer permit? And hunter orange is required right?
    Correct. Welcome to TBH! How did you learn of the Grapevine hunting and draw system? Grapevine is one of my favorite places to hunt. Get out there and shoot a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      Correct. Welcome to TBH! How did you learn of the Grapevine hunting and draw system? Grapevine is one of my favorite places to hunt. Get out there and shoot a big one.
      Thank you! I was just doing some research on public land hunting opportunities in Texas and stumbled across the corps of engineers draws. Figured it was worth a try and I was lucky enough to draw. I grew up out west and I'm told hunting whitetails is a bit different than elk or muley's - I have been lucky enough to take a bunch of them, but never hunted whitetails so this will be an adventure.

One other question if i may...as far as where to park, do you have to only park at the locations listed on the map the corps of engineers provided or can I park along Sam Lee Lane or some of the other roads that bump up to the corps land?

Comment

Originally posted by txfrog View Post
        Thank you! I was just doing some research on public land hunting opportunities in Texas and stumbled across the corps of engineers draws. Figured it was worth a try and I was lucky enough to draw. I grew up out west and I'm told hunting whitetails is a bit different than elk or muley's - I have been lucky enough to take a bunch of them, but never hunted whitetails so this will be an adventure.

One other question if i may...as far as where to park, do you have to only park at the locations listed on the map the corps of engineers provided or can I park along Sam Lee Lane or some of the other roads that bump up to the corps land?
        The are a lot of places posted on this thread and previous vine threads with places to park. Happy hunting out there!

Comment

Has anyone arrowed any deer at grapevine yet this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
            Has anyone arrowed any deer at grapevine yet this year?

Sounded like someone arrowed a 160 the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Sounded like someone arrowed a 160 the other day...

Yeah saw that, just wondering if any "legal", and guys on tbh.

Comment

waiting for Monday.

Comment

Hopefully i will be in that re draw monday as well.
                  Good luck

Comment

too bad they can't issue the wasted ones that were picked up and not being used to those of us who would love to get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                      too bad they can't issue the wasted ones that were picked up and not being used to those of us who would love to get out there.
                      There are more people out hunting this year than the previous two combined it seems. Go Home hunters, we don't want you out in the field ...not you ace...the other guys who leave up their stands and stab trees and put out feeders...

Comment

Anything YET??

Well TopShot, have you seen anything out there yet? I'm putting my time in and seeing LOTS of acorns and hogs. I've seen one deer on opening weekend and a ton of guys walking in past the town of Hobo! :-) Good luck to ya!

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                        Congrats on getting the ticket, and on having a taste of success in the past! Grapevine is a special place, yet can be downright frustrating at times. my first year hunting the vine i saw zero, yes 0, deer. i scouted, hunted, almost gave up... the second year out i saw deer every time i hit the woods...boy i'm glad i didn't quit. this year will be my 3rd and i am not going home without a nice buck this year!

Comment

I saw 4 cayote's at 1pm last tuesday. Came by my stand at 40 yards. Saw tracks but no deer. Lots of railroad people working on 377.

Comment

Not many #'s redrawn....
                            Last edited by GhostSkull; 11-04-2016, 04:04 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
                              Not many #'s redrawn....
                              Darn it. 1 away again. Both the number above me and below me were drawn. Oh well. There is always next year for deer. Maybe I can get some bacon.

Comment

Had a weird encounter. After I climbed down and packed up my sticks I noticed a light a ways off. I shined my light their way and their light turned off. I figured I'd see em on the way out or at the parking area.

When I got there, the parking lot was empty. They couldn't have beat me out.

After seeing that homeless shelter and the rifle hunters I'm a little paranoid lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X