No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well youth duck is in 5 days. Any of yall plan on going on on the normal opener?

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
      Well youth duck is in 5 days. Any of yall plan on going on on the normal opener?

Nothing is down yet. No birds seen in Wisconsin, either. Heard guys in OK and KS we're doing good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
        Nothing is down yet. No birds seen in Wisconsin, either. Heard guys in OK and KS we're doing good.

Have you been scouting gvine at all?

I have and I'm not disappointed to say the least.......

A 4 man of local mallards and migrated gadwall shouldn't be hard, only 5 days away!

Comment

I'm seeing a few flocks of residential birds, but nothing like we had the two weeks before the split last season.

Comment

I'm seeing a few flocks of residential birds, but nothing like we had the two weeks before the split last season.

Ah so true. Had great mornings with my dad out there. 2 mans in 20 minutes on week day mornings before school. Can't get any better.

I remember a boat ride out of there 12 days after opener and we where the only one out there, heading back to the meadow mere boat ramp, jumping thousands of birds loafing.

Comment

Ah so true. Had great mornings with my dad out there. 2 mans in 20 minutes on week day mornings before school. Can't get any better.

I remember a boat ride out of there 12 days after opener and we where the only one out there, heading back to the meadow mere boat ramp, jumping thousands of birds loafing.

Man, I just waiting for a good Canadian front to push them down.

Comment

Man, I just waiting for a good Canadian front to push them down.

Thursday morning little cold front, then on the opener it will be 45 low. Just remember, last year when everyone not hunting grapevine that said "the ducks havnt made it down here yet", that was during the 70 degree highs. Grapevine just holds more then usual...

Comment

Thursday morning little cold front, then on the opener it will be 45 low. Just remember, last year when everyone not hunting grapevine that said "the ducks havnt made it down here yet", that was during the 70 degree highs. Grapevine just holds more then usual...

May have to follow your lead.

Comment

I heard tons of ducks last week at the vine - i wish i had a duck permit for the vine as i know a few holes where i could set up before first light and blast em.

Comment

Retiring the bow this morning, wish one of y'all could take the permit lol

My question is why??? The best hunting has yet to come....
                      Last edited by GhostSkull; 11-01-2016, 07:52 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
                        My question is why??? The best has yet to come....

Cause I more of a duck hunter... bow hunting to slow for me. While there is a great reward when you arrow deer. Killing a limit of birds is far more enjoyable personally.

Also can't bow hunt while hanging with friends.

Comment

Has anybody seen the burning pile of coal next to 377? I am amazed how slow it burns. There has been smoke coming out of it for 2 weeks and over half of it is still left.

Comment

Originally posted by skudbucket View Post
                            Has anybody seen the burning pile of coal next to 377? I am amazed how slow it burns. There has been smoke coming out of it for 2 weeks and over half of it is still left.

Is it from the coal spills that happened when the train cars tipped and fell in a month or two ago?

Comment

Is it from the coal spills that happened when the train cars tipped and fell in a month or two ago?

Yeah, looks like where one of the carts dumped out into a big pile. The white ash gets about 6" larger in diameter per day. No flame, just embers with a little smoke coming out

Comment

I'm new to hunting in Texas - If i am reading the regulations right, it is legal to shoot a doe, spike, or buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater on Grapevine with the deer permit? And hunter orange is required right?

Comment

Working...
                                X