No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The warden just texted me that they haven't had any luck catching them yet. They stopped shooting around 4-4:30.

Makes me wonder if they're locals. The worst part was that they had to have been shooting into the river at the end, because they shot up a lot of ammo.

They roamed the entire section where I am, and it's all bedding area. There's no telling how much this screws with everything but my hope is that deer at least are somewhat used to crap like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      The warden just texted me that they haven't had any luck catching them yet. They stopped shooting around 4-4:30.

Makes me wonder if they're locals. The worst part was that they had to have been shooting into the river at the end, because they shot up a lot of ammo.

They roamed the entire section where I am, and it's all bedding area. There's no telling how much this screws with everything but my hope is that deer at least are somewhat used to crap like this.

I think they are

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
        Went out for my first sit of the season - on the way in had a deer blow at me while it was still dark, saw a stand, a rope, a camera, and a hunter not wearing his hunter orange who hunted for an hour, walked through my field of view twice!
        Last year I didn't see a soul all season...looks like this year will be much different.
        That would most likely be yours truly if you were down by Byron Nelson high school. I forgot to wear my orange. I had to call it early this morning as well that's why I only hunted an hour. It was more scouting than anything really.
        It wasn't a good morning, I woke up late and it was all downhill from there lol

Comment

Crappy day when the release is at home.....

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
            Crappy day when the release is at home.....

I know your pain. Did that once about 15 years ago. That's why if my release isn't on my wrist, it's attached to my bow.

Comment

I hope the game wardens catch those guys carrying handguns and rifles. I waited 4 years to bowhunt the vine and thought everyone followed the rules out there. Silly me... It has been quiet on the 35W side. Maybe those guys will push the deer over here... )

Comment

And next will be the SWAT training. Heli's and guys hanging from ropes.

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Originally posted by godum View Post
                  I hope the game wardens catch those guys carrying handguns and rifles. I waited 4 years to bowhunt the vine and thought everyone followed the rules out there. Silly me... It has been quiet on the 35W side. Maybe those guys will push the deer over here... )

You thought everyone followed the rules out there. Are you being serious? Have you not read the past Vine threads? Horses, feeders, atvs, rifles, trucks, bait piles, pistols, permanent stands, target practice, night hunters...welcome to the wonderful world of Grapevine. It's their world. We just sometimes get a permit to join them. Well we don't. You do. I don't. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by godum View Post
                    Or how about the guy my buddy and I ran into swiftly exiting the vine hunting grounds while carrying an 40 lb empty bag of corn in his hands. He basically admited to dumping the bag of corn as if were permissable or something. Pretty sure he's a crossbow hunter also and it's my feelings that he knew he shouldn't be baiting but he was caught with the eveidence in hand. We didn't really confront the guy to his face regarding the corn but walking away I know we were both thinking like *** ??? I guess I could still make a call to the core office to report him but I tend to like to handle this kinda stuff myself. So if your missing a ladder stand and a feeder from a few years back at the vine, It's sitting in the bottom of denton creek thank you! Ill find this old dudes spot next outing and deficate on the corn pile
                    It really sucks that so close to the rutt now we gotta deal with asian gunslingers and corn dumpers walking around with bags of corn during hunting hours ! its ok i will prevail and keep grinding it out. Its all about to change the next few weeks ! good luck to all you guys out there and stay safe !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                      You thought everyone followed the rules out there. Are you being serious? Have you not read the past Vine threads? Horses, feeders, atvs, rifles, trucks, bait piles, pistols, permanent stands, target practice, night hunters...welcome to the wonderful world of Grapevine. It's their world. We just sometimes get a permit to join them. Well we don't. You do. I don't. Ever.

Retiring the bow this morning, wish one of y'all could take the permit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post

I got a feeling you will see that permit again one season.
                        Keep after Larry. wishing you luck for next year !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
                          Retiring the bow this morning, wish one of y'all could take the permit lol

give it to Larry :-)

Comment

i hunted grapevine for a little while before it was a draw.. last time i got drawn there was 2 years ago... i found it to be tough due to all the poeple, people who dont follow the rules, people who poach etc.. i have only found one spot that in all the years i have never seen or heard one person. i have seen one monster buck out there (not in bow range) and a bunch of small ones but it can get frustrating.. good luck to all yall!

Comment

Kudos for not stealing on public land. Just becuz it's not allowed out there don't give anyone the right to be a crook and steal or tamper with people's things.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTX75067 View Post
                                Yeah I have youth permits for both of my boys. Waiting on the redraw for deer but I have a General hunting and waterfowl permit either way. Do they do extended youth season in January?
                                No. youth season ends today (10/31). I was wrong when I said it went up until November 4. They do not extend anything for youth season in January. If you did not put your boys on your dear lottery application they won't be able to hunt if you get drawn .

Comment

Working...
                                X