X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
    Hahaha same, no luck this morning. Last bow hunt of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You gonna focus on ducks now? I'll be afternoon hunting for deer during duck season.
    I just bought a new xpress DBX duck boat so I should be able to scout and get better results this year than last

Comment

I have a xpress has well. Last year was great. This year looks to be close to the ssme

Comment

Seen a spike.

Slow mornin!

Comment

Seen a spike.

Slow mornin!
          Glad you saw some movement.
          Spikes taste delicious, no shot? Big boy or bust?

Glad to hear some reports! Are there acorns everywhere? About 8 to 10 days ago I really noticed the acorns start raining down in Denton Co and they dont seem to be slowing down much.

Comment

Originally posted by Never miss View Post
            You have to have a youth permit. You have to pick them up at the office. Youth season runs from October 1-November 4. After November 4, all youth must have a permit secured from the deer lottery.
            Yeah I have youth permits for both of my boys. Waiting on the redraw for deer but I have a General hunting and waterfowl permit either way. Do they do extended youth season in January?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Seen a spike.

Slow mornin!

Went out for my first sit of the season - on the way in had a deer blow at me while it was still dark, saw a stand, a rope, a camera, and a hunter not wearing his hunter orange who hunted for an hour, walked through my field of view twice!
              Last year I didn't see a soul all season...looks like this year will be much different.

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

So... 4 Asian guys just walked through carrying .22 rifles and shotguns.

Today just got a lot less exciting

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

They're west of 377 headed west along the creek. If you're hunting out there, watch your tail. I did report it to one of the wardens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                    They're west of 377 headed west along the creek. If you're hunting out there, watch your tail. I did report it to one of the wardens.

Good work! I ran into two men a few years ago who were driving in, after dark, on four wheelers with rifles, crazy stuff happens out there.

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Well that hobo shelter is still here!

Today sucks.

Comment

Aaaand they're still shooting.

Comment

Lol, man. Public land . . .

Comment

Usually the asian guys are hunting squirrel. I've had a few walk by me and never see in a tree. Have a good hunt.

Comment

Itll just be that much more rewarding when you got that 150" buck in your hands . .

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                                Usually the asian guys are hunting squirrel. I've had a few walk by me and never see in a tree. Have a good hunt.

Yeah I asked them that when they walked past. They said no.

About 45 minutes later after I pack up and move to a different spot to get away from em, they walk past again. The guy waves at me and I tell him "you can't be out here with a rifle. You need a permit. Bow and arrow only."

He nodded, smiled and walked off.

They had hand guns as well. Frustrated the heck out of me!

Comment

Working...
                                X