No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone misplace their 300# boar by the Earnhardt exit off 35W southbound?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post

Prosciutto! Been looking everywhere for him!

What a beast. He get hit by a car I assume?

Comment

Ha. Poor bass **** !

Comment

I've only seen one hog this big before, and it was one I shot in Glen Rose about eight years ago. I got a report from two people at work that a big one was down by the exit ramp. No idea how it got there. Impossible that someone dragged it up from the woods. He didn't look like I would have been able to budge him.

Comment

I'm getting closer. It's just a matter of Cat and Mouse but I'm running out of time. I had a coal black small pig come by my stand but it just didn't transgress through my shooting lane. Perhaps tomorrow? I did see two does coming out tonight. They were so close and so unafraid that I could have kissed them. They were just as curious as I was. I did find an awesome rub and scrape, which I peed on. I believe I found where they are moving through. Just need some luck now!

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
              I'm getting closer. It's just a matter of Cat and Mouse but I'm running out of time. I had a coal black small pig come by my stand but it just didn't transgress through my shooting lane. Perhaps tomorrow? I did see two does coming out tonight. They were so close and so unafraid that I could have kissed them. They were just as curious as I was. I did find an awesome rub and scrape, which I peed on. I believe I found where they are moving through. Just need some luck now!
              Peed on? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
                I haven't tried that tactic yet.

Comment

Scruffy! Noooo!

Comment

When was this photo taken? I have a friend who said he shot one in the vicinity that he could not find. Any idea where he was shot?

Comment

Do whitetail bed real close to one another? I found an area that looked like about 10 or so beds around each other but may have been pigs. This public hunting thing is tough but will be so rewarding if/when I shoot a deer

Comment

More importantly haha who all is excited for duck season on the gvine..?

Just 9 days till youth opens for me. Been scouting around a bit and already a great amount of birds...

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
                          When was this photo taken? I have a friend who said he shot one in the vicinity that he could not find. Any idea where he was shot?
                          Photo on Tuesday at 6:30 pm. No signs of being shot. No blood anywhere on body or ground. He just appeared dead Tuesday morning right on the road. Two different coworkers asked me if I had seen it. They didn't see it Monday, and there's no way they could have missed seeing it. So I'm guessing it was hit by someone Monday night or very early Tuesday morning exiting 35W or on southbound 35W and it ran up the hill to the exit ramp and expired in the roadway.

Comment

Even though I didn't come out with meat. Today was a great day in the Vine. I saw Mr. Buck this morning around 7:40am but he was out about 100 yards. Going to move my stand along his route. About 8:30 am a hog, sow and two piglets came by my stand. I shot an arrow through the big gray hairy beast. I must have gut shot him and my arrow confirmed it. I tracked him for about one hour and caught up to him deep in the Vine to my surprise. He grunted very stressfully and I thought he might charge. After waiting and searching for a blood trail I finally was forced to give up. Hopefully next week will be a success and I'll have meat in the freezer. Hope this motivates others to stick with it. I saw many scrapes today looking for that hog. The deer are out there. You just have to put in the time and don't be afraid to move your stand.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the report.

Comment

Going out for the morning hunt thursday. 7 to 10am shouls see movement?

Comment

Working...
                                X