Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by godum View Post
    Too hot today. Almost got heat exhaustion. Deer sign everywhere.
    I mispoke.. no deer sign on 35w side😊

Comment

I mispoke.. no deer sign on 35w side��
      So you're saying there is deer sign over there

Comment

Hey yall new member here. I was lucky enough to get the lotto! Never killed a deer but I'm an avid duck hunter and have been putting in serious miles of scouting and hunting at grapevine to get myself a deer. I park at 377 in a white Ext cab Chevy. I lug around a climbing tree stand and still hike back there a couple miles so I am dedicated! Found a couple cool spots with tons of tracks but have yet to see a deer. Anyways I hope to see yall out there!

Comment

Welcome ad95. Good luck exercising and bird watching at the Vine. There are no deer there. The whole thing is a myth. [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by adam.darling95 View Post
            Hey yall new member here. I was lucky enough to get the lotto! Never killed a deer but I'm an avid duck hunter and have been putting in serious miles of scouting and hunting at grapevine to get myself a deer. I park at 377 in a white Ext cab Chevy. I lug around a climbing tree stand and still hike back there a couple miles so I am dedicated! Found a couple cool spots with tons of tracks but have yet to see a deer. Anyways I hope to see yall out there!
            Welcome! I'm fairly confident there are a few folks who seem to never get their ticket to the vine, wandering about in the dark with deer track rubber boots leaving trails, rubbing trees and scraping up the ground, peeing on it...all just to make us think there are deer out there...come to think of it, Larry have you ever even put in for the draw? Maybe this is one big sick joke you are playing on us

Comment

Lol yall may be right, aside from when I saw about 50 deer on the bank when the water was low about two years ago I haven't seen any deer yet. I'm really hoping to kill one this month so I can focus on ducks when the season rolls around but we will see. I'll be live from the stand come early Saturday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by adam.darling95 View Post
                Lol yall may be right, aside from when I saw about 50 deer on the bank when the water was low about two years ago I haven't seen any deer yet. I'm really hoping to kill one this month so I can focus on ducks when the season rolls around but we will see. I'll be live from the stand come early Saturday morning!
                'Twas but a mirage my good sir. I'll be out Saturday morning as well, maybe we won't bump into each other ahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                  So you're saying there is deer sign over there
                  I aint sayin.......

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                    Welcome ad95. Good luck exercising and bird watching at the Vine. There are no deer there. The whole thing is a myth. [emoji3]
                    ^ this is so true

Comment

Moon Phase has the deer moving at midnight. Waiting for cooler weather and no moon...

Comment

Moon Phase has the deer moving at midnight. Waiting for cooler weather and no moon...
                        Yep!

In other news, I got drawn at Laguna Atacosa for Nilgai.

The bad part is that its November 18th-22nd!

Comment

congrats guys

Comment

I agree. Just saw a game camera pic from a feeder at the paintball place that had activity from 11 to 1. Those pictures were last night

Comment

I was the lucky one in my group and got drawn this year, first time being out there and deer hunting public land. Went scouting the other day around noon or so just to try out the new climbing stand and not disturb someone with my amateur ways. Lesson learned, look at temperature and consider weight, AC has never been so good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggie2012 View Post
                                I was the lucky one in my group and got drawn this year, first time being out there and deer hunting public land. Went scouting the other day around noon or so just to try out the new climbing stand and not disturb someone with my amateur ways. Lesson learned, look at temperature and consider weight, AC has never been so good to me.
                                lol - October in Tx can be rough with the heat!

Comment

Working...
                                X