Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
    Good thing I hunt copperheads
    Agreed. Enough of them and you have a nice pair of boots! Might even leave the heads on.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
      Got my daughter in the tree Monday while she was out of school for the holiday. We had a shooter buck come in to 30 yards about 8:40am but he was about 5 yards short of our shooting lane. He just just stayed in the heavy cover. He was a 8 point 16"-16.5" , 100 class.. Would have been a great starter big buck for her. I tried calling but he wasn't interested in finding out what was going on. It did get my daughters blood going, which made it a great hunt.
      Glad to hear you both are back at it again. I hope she puts a buck down this year!

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
        Got my daughter in the tree Monday while she was out of school for the holiday. We had a shooter buck come in to 30 yards about 8:40am but he was about 5 yards short of our shooting lane. He just just stayed in the heavy cover. He was a 8 point 16"-16.5" , 100 class.. Would have been a great starter big buck for her. I tried calling but he wasn't interested in finding out what was going on. It did get my daughters blood going, which made it a great hunt.
        Glad to hear it! I bet she gets one before its all said and done, sounds like y'all are doing something right!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          Colorado and Utah are much more. If you don't want to contribute to TPWD to better the wildlife and hunting opportunities in Texas then don't hunt here
          Not going to take the bait. I promised I would leave it at that and not hijack this thread. FYI. I contributed much and have been a member in various conservation organizations like NWTF, RMEF, and NRA to name a few. I've paid licenses in Idaho, California, Idaho, Colorado, Kansas, Arkansas and now Texas. How about you?

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

In other news...

It's raining. I wish I had brought rain pants. Unfortunately I did not.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I had one of those "do I need it? Nah." Thoughts that have come back to bite me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              In other news...

It's raining. I wish I had brought rain pants. Unfortunately I did not.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I had one of those "do I need it? Nah." Thoughts that have come back to bite me.

Good luck! I do that all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Well so far I'm covered in squirrels. Someone call TG to come kill them.

Also, I got some guy a ways off either a) hanging a tree stand or b) driving T posts. Either way he's pretty hell bent on making more noise than the marching band.

Larry, is that you???

Comment

Sorry. Hogs knocked my feeder over last weekend. I decided I needed a feeder pen to keep them out. I should be taking a break around 10. Then back at it from noon to 3. Small break. Then back at it from 5 till dark. Full moon! Gotta work during those peak movement times on my hunting app.

Comment

Well, you might wanna grab your battery charger too. It's running off and on over here by the creek.

Seriously, what in the Sam heck has gone on out here in the past 4 years? It sounded like an electrical current from when you cut on a car battery charger. Heard it buzz for 2-3 minutes.

I'm not too surprised now at the lack of action lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        Sorry. Hogs knocked my feeder over last weekend. I decided I needed a feeder pen to keep them out. I should be taking a break around 10. Then back at it from noon to 3. Small break. Then back at it from 5 till dark. Full moon! Gotta work during those peak movement times on my hunting app.
                        haha, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, am i right!

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
                          Ace,

You are correct. The Missouri Non-Resident Archery tag is $225. My internet info was old concerning Mo permit fees but I still feel $315 and $225 is a little much. Thanks for the correction and understandings. I think as hunters we need to look out for each other and reach a balance on our conservation efforts/wallets. I don't want to Hijack this thread, so I will leave it at that.
                          I would much rather hear about your honey holes and see pics.
                          You should check out prices in Montana!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                            Well so far I'm covered in squirrels. Someone call TG to come kill them.

Also, I got some guy a ways off either a) hanging a tree stand or b) driving T posts. Either way he's pretty hell bent on making more noise than the marching band.

Larry, is that you???

Thought I'd let ya hunt the even-n out. I'll be out with my trusty .410 just after sunrise to take on those ju-jistu ninja ISIS-trained squirrels. I got the sound suppressor on the .410. So I shouldn't disturb anybody, unless my walking around dose. Nobody hunts Saturdays anyway, right?

Comment

Who else is out?

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
                                Who else is out?

Settled in and ready to shoot something!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X