No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang y'all been busy putting each other down. Got to the rig today and been super busy. Full of Mexican food now. Time for a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      Dang y'all been busy putting each other down. Got to the rig today and been super busy. Full of Mexican food now. Time for a nap.
      Yeah, you're working so hard, Mexican food and a nap.

Hope you don't sprain an eyelid!

[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, I just had to post this.

We hired a new kid to help around the shop. His dad owns a company that makes a particular product. He used to work for his dad.

He comes to me and says " hey, I can't get this thing working, could you take a look"

Comment

I don't have a clue what in the hillbilly heaven is going on there. But I can start with the obvious... setting the battery on the ground doesn't replace the need for a ground cable. Even Lee knows that

Comment

All I can see is that the negative is unplugged

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

He needs more wire. Don't think he has enough extra. Then there's the wire being held on to a useless plate with vise grips... wth?

Comment

Hard to tell what it is we are looking at. Anybody who is smart enough, if they can't get the circuit to work they way they expect, will disconnect a terminal just to make sure it is not hot when you start looking. So I can't tell if this is supposed to be the "operational state" or the "I disconnected the battery, but I can't figure out what is going on, state."

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                  He needs more wire. Don't think he has enough extra. Then there's the wire being held on to a useless plate with vise grips... wth?
                  Good call, looks like he is grounding a wire to a plate that isn't connected to anything and appears to be coated as well

Comment

instead of blasting him all over the internet why don't you go out and show him how to hook it up?

Keep us updated on any progress you make with the new worker. I wish you the best

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      Good call, looks like he is grounding a wire to a plate that isn't connected to anything and appears to be coated as well
                      The plate needs to be placed back in its proper spot as identified by the kitty litter, in order to be a proper ground

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                        The plate needs to be placed back in its proper spot as identified by the kitty litter, in order to be a proper ground
                        Hard to tell with the picture... but not sure how that piece of metal could ever be a proper ground... there doesn't seem to be a way to "attach" that piece of metal to anything, no bolt holes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Hard to tell with the picture... but not sure how that piece of metal could ever be a proper ground... there doesn't seem to be a way to "attach" that piece of metal to anything, no bolt holes, etc.
                          Mostly unclever sarcasm or something. I just saw the outline shape of the plate in the litter and rolled with it. He obviously moved the plate from there, so that must be the problem.

Comment

It's way over my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shootallanimals View Post
                              instead of blasting him all over the internet why don't you go out and show him how to hook it up?

Keep us updated on any progress you make with the new worker. I wish you the best
                              You obviously didn't read it well. I didn't blast anyone. I said he said he had a problem. I showed the problem he was having. Several here have figured out that clamping the ground to a piece of metal isn't a ground.
                              The ground must go to the battery.

I showed him his error and we got the lift working. I explained what he was trying to do and why on a truck it would work, but not here.

So again, how am I blasting him?

Comment

Originally posted by shootallanimals View Post

Maybe you should read the title of this thread. It's all about making fun and talking smack!!

Comment

Working...
                                X