• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol!

Now that, my friend, I believe!

(and completely understand)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

I remember when my wife told me to stop looking for a used Black Widow PCH and to just order the custom one I really wanted.
      My wife made the mistake of telling me this once.........but it was a boat

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
        Yeah, teach me how you do it brother, because I call major league BS!!!!!!!

But you talk a good game!

X2. I want to copy this whole conversation and post it on her face book.

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
          So far this deer season could be EPIC!
          Hopefully the wait isn't long. The wait for my custom bow was 6-9 weeks. As it was, I had waited entirely too long to make a decision and the bow was due to arrive either 2 weeks before opening weekend or 1 week afterwards.

I literally taped the cutout in the riser on my sage so that it mimicked the sight picture of the new bow coming in. I was either going to go deer hunting with a 50# sage with electrical tape and foam... of I was going with a brand new custom bow.

Long story short, the wait was hell!!!! hell I tell you!!! hell!

But it did show up a little less than 2 weeks ahead of opener. Took me about a week to get tuned arrows. Of course I didn't fling my first arrow at a deer until 2-3 weeks later... and it was opening day of gun that I put my first deer n the ground with trad gear.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
            X2. I want to copy this whole conversation and post it on her face book.
            Ooooohhhhh! She does read that!

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
              Yup. I can talk big here since she doesn't watch it. If she doesn't see it, she doesn't hurt me
              FIFY

Comment

Lucky for me she knows I'm full of it, and it's hard to make her mad

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                  Even I'm not 100% stickbow only
                  You don't have to hunt or shoot 100% stick bow to be a trad hunter. At least not in my book.

If you've ever succumbed to the desire to hunt with the trad bow and brought it with you into the field with you, then, in my book, you are a trad hunter. Now, I will buy into the argument that your chances of becoming a successful trad hunter *can* hinge on your willingness to give it your all by using all your opportunities with the trad bow and nothing else, but I personally think that there are more than just one reason to hunt and many more ways to enjoy it.

As happy as I was taking my first deer with a trad bow... the following weekend pretty much overshadowed that when I was sitting with my son, sitting behind him, coaching him through the 50 yard shot he was about to make with the .243 on a good buck that was eating hand corn we'd thrown down to get one within his range of accuracy. A month later, it was a no brainer taking the rifle out to a blind so that either me or my son could shoot one more deer to put in the freezer and call it a season.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    Hopefully the wait isn't long. The wait for my custom bow was 6-9 weeks. As it was, I had waited entirely too long to make a decision and the bow was due to arrive either 2 weeks before opening weekend or 1 week afterwards.

I literally taped the cutout in the riser on my sage so that it mimicked the sight picture of the new bow coming in. I was either going to go deer hunting with a 50# sage with electrical tape and foam... of I was going with a brand new custom bow.

Long story short, the wait was hell!!!! hell I tell you!!! hell!

But it did show up a little less than 2 weeks ahead of opener. Took me about a week to get tuned arrows. Of course I didn't fling my first arrow at a deer until 2-3 weeks later... and it was opening day of gun that I put my first deer n the ground with trad gear.

I told my wife A week ago I didn't know how long it would take. I don't want to rush a good bowyer. Bad idea there. I may wind up getting a sage. Been eyeballing those a while. Was just going to get a Samick until my brother in law showed up with a DC hunter. Man, I ain't been right since!!!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                        Dmack will never be turned....... Unless it's face down.
                        I heard he likes to back that *** up.

So I hear. [emoji41]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          I heard he likes to back that *** up.

So I hear. [emoji41]

He is alive lol

Comment

Ok guys here is my fish story

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                              I told my wife A week ago I didn't know how long it would take. I don't want to rush a good bowyer. Bad idea there. I may wind up getting a sage. Been eyeballing those a while. Was just going to get a Samick until my brother in law showed up with a DC hunter. Man, I ain't been right since!!!
                              A good bowyer can rush. It's a bad bowyer you really don't want to rush.

Roland had mine done pretty quick too. He would have finished it sooner but he took a week off to do some tree trimming with rented equipment. Mostly it depends on how many guys are in front of you, but really, it won't take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                                He is alive lol
                                Yes sir. Just barely. Went to the Dr. yesterday, waiting on results.

( No, Daniel and Lee I'm not pregnant) ( so you're both off the hook)

Ha, I gotcha both!!!!

We'll see what the results are. Maybe they can finally figure something out.

Comment

Working...
                                X