Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside the barrel is beautiful! Can't wait to get some crud in there

Comment

Tod got me started this year. I have to admit, I'm hooked. I have half a mind to try hunting some new areas and just using my muzzleloader. I'm very confident out to 200!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

My son just sent me a text, apparently there are some game cameras marked down at Academy. Don't know if it's just this one or all of them.
        JFYI.

Comment

Wow. That's some good distance. So many pines as long as I can get up to around 100 yards I'll be doing alright. I have a long way to go

Comment

Ww get with me sometime. I have .32, .45, .50 and .58 cals. Have several different kinds, from traditional to inline. Love to shoot them. And make sure to get different bullets and try different powders. I always foul the barrel before starting to sight one in.

Comment

I've never had any big worries with my ML aside from hangfires. Had one once that caused me to flinch and when it fired, it knocked out my right shoulder. Took a year to recover.

Use to love shooting it with my buddies. They were always hesitant, so i would load myself a really light load to show them it wouldn't kick much. But instead of loading them the same charge, i would sneak in a max charge. Yes, i was a "Richard" but it was funny as all get out.

Comment

I want to get a different scope. But even with the one I have, that has very large cross hairs that cover the target. I was still able to make a great shot out to 200. I'll definitely want to practice it some more, but I'm pretty sure I'd be good. Heck, I may just hunt with it all season.....just cuz.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  I want to get a different scope. But even with the one I have, that has very large cross hairs that cover the target. I was still able to make a great shot out to 200. I'll definitely want to practice it some more, but I'm pretty sure I'd be good. Heck, I may just hunt with it all season.....just cuz.

From what I witnessed, you would end up with one very dead dear at 200 yards!

That's assuming the wind didn't push the bullet around too much. Those big 'ol bullets tend to drift, and it doesn't take a bunch of breeze to do it

Comment

Alright fellas and gals, who is hunting what this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                      Alright fellas and gals, who is hunting what this weekend?

I'm hunting for some muzzleloader supplies and dreaming about that DC hunter. I have GOT to get on that. Doubt it could be ready for this year but hey...can't rush perfection. Worth the wait too from what I can tell.

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Yeah, I'm still remembering that. FEW bows have ever left an imprint like that one did on me. No foolin

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                          I'm hunting for some muzzleloader supplies and dreaming about that DC hunter. I have GOT to get on that. Doubt it could be ready for this year but hey...can't rush perfection. Worth the wait too from what I can tell.
                          Naw, Roland is really fast. You had better have your money gathered up when you put your order in because he will probably have it ready in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Naw, Roland is really fast. You had better have your money gathered up when you put your order in because he will probably have it ready in a couple of weeks.

Are you serious?!!! I find it hard to believe he could produce a bow like that in such a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                              Are you serious?!!! I find it hard to believe he could produce a bow like that in such a short time.
                              He does amazing work, really fast. I can't do what he does

When I told him Holly wanted one, he had it ready in a week! He already had the riser made though from a previous project.

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

He does amazing work, really fast. I can't do what he does

When I told him Holly wanted one, he had it ready in a week! He already had the riser made though from a previous project.

That's awesome! Don't wanna rush a bowyer. I've made some simple stickbows etc. not easy and those bows suck!

Well if nothing else pops up...ahhhh haaa haaaa...ohhhh...that was a gooden!!!!!!....

....guess I need to go see him this weekend or the next. After that I'm pretty much on world tour until archery season.

Oddly typical. Most folks like me would have retired a looooong time ago [emoji12]

Comment

Working...
                                X