No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a 50 cal....whatever gets hit ain't running far that's for sure. Easy tracking ha ha

Comment

I like the xtp with the harvester sabot combo idea. Probably try that combo for my first shots. Look to be pretty cheap too. No wonder they're trying so hard to push those powerbelts.

Comment

Thanks for the info btw. Needed a starting point. Complete noob to ML

Comment

No problem and your right, it's just a starting point. The gun will tell you which bullet/powder combo it likes.

I would bet though, 90 grains T7 pellets with the bullet combo above would shoot well for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. Gotta grab the gear and a scope and try this combo out. Dang powerbelt things are pricey

Comment

Somerville WMA #711

Has anyone hunted WMA #711 this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                Awesome. Gotta grab the gear and a scope and try this combo out. Dang powerbelt things are pricey
                My CVA didn't like the pewerbelts, I tried three different bullets ended up with Thomson Center xtp 240 hollow points. I also use triple seven pellets.

Comment

I get home this morning from work (glad that 7 day shift is over!) and shad are going crazy. White bass are schooling and cats are biting. I got to bed after working all night and wake up to heavy rain. Who wants to bet they won't be biting in the morning? Just my luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JTBean View Post
                    I haven't. Only hunt the Sam.

Comment

I have. Lots of hogs. There are deer there too. I may spend a little more time up there this year. I've got a friend that hunts it fairly regular.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                        I have. Lots of hogs. There are deer there too. I may spend a little more time up there this year. I've got a friend that hunts it fairly regular.

Do you usually hunt hogs from the ground?

Comment

Do you usually hunt hogs from the ground?
                          I have, but I'd certainly shoot one from a tree while hunting deer.

Comment

Got the new 3 rivers catalog in today. Sweet

Comment

I have several muzzle loaders, each uses a little different load to get where I want. Best advice I have to make sure you mark your ramrod empty and loaded, can save a lot of worry later.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                                I have several muzzle loaders, each uses a little different load to get where I want. Best advice I have to make sure you mark your ramrod empty and loaded, can save a lot of worry later.

I knew about marking it loaded. Didn't know about unloaded. Make sense though. I read, studied, drooled and talked about getting one for a couple of deer seasons now and finally took the plunge. Hee hee...punny.

Pretty excited to shoot something new but I have to admit a .50 cal and all the muzzleloading horror stories I've seen have me both excited and a little nervous.

Comment

Working...
                                X