Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job dmack keep shooting straight

Comment

Going fishing tomorrow depending on if they let anymore water out of the dam

Comment

I should have been fishing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking that next weekend would be a good time to start hitting the bulkheads for cats. Give the week for the water to clear and settle, and for me to get through finals. Come Thursday or friday, at the very least, i should be try to run jugs in the yak, unless i can find a copilot for the boat.

Comment

I heard there was a huge catfish tournament on Conroe. ( past or upcoming) From what I understand they have a kayak jugline division.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              I heard there was a huge catfish tournament on Conroe. ( past or upcoming) From what I understand they have a kayak jugline division.

Probably the one put on by Mr.Whiskers on here? I've thought about it but it's a steep entry fee for a broke guy like me. And would limit me on time since I'm not going to spend all night on the lake in a little plastic boat.

That tourney got rained out this weekend. He's going to reschedule at some point. It's a charity event, iirc.

Comment

Shot so good yesterday. And fell apart to day. No food this morning cost me all my energy. I will never let that happen again. And now to top it off. Stuck in the airport due to weather. It's been five hours now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                  Shot so good yesterday. And fell apart to day. No food this morning cost me all my energy. I will never let that happen again. And now to top it off. Stuck in the airport due to weather. It's been five hours now.

Ouch!

Comment

Dang, sorry to hear that Daniel.

Or am I supposed to say

Dam Daniel.

I forget.

Comment

Effin A Daniel ... Sorry to hear that.

Hope you got home okay.

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Then to top it off. We got home. Left the airport and at the first intersection. Boom!! Rear ended. And the kid gets out and has no license. What a weekend.

Comment

Then to top it off. We got home. Left the airport and at the first intersection. Boom!! Rear ended. And the kid gets out and has no license. What a weekend.

Good grief, sorry to hear about all your troubles this weekend.

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                          I'm thinking that next weekend would be a good time to start hitting the bulkheads for cats. Give the week for the water to clear and settle, and for me to get through finals. Come Thursday or friday, at the very least, i should be try to run jugs in the yak, unless i can find a copilot for the boat.
                          Last year, on our family campout to Inks Lake, I brought some jug lines to introduce my kiddos to fishing with them from the kayak. They had a blast because we could paddle out, set them, come back in and let them soak while they played in the lake.

I need to get them out again. Maybe make a day out of setting the lines and then doing some small game hunting while they soak.

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
                          Did anybody hunt today? I did ��
                          I almost hunted on Saturday... but then I checked my watch and realized it still wasn't May yet.

Comment

Back to work today can't wait for it to be Saturday so I can hunt again.

Only 2 more weekends for turkey season and after that I'm thinking of getting into hogs. I live in Fort Worth area, where are some good public options for that?

Have a nice day everybody

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but hey, it's a new week.

Yall have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
                                Back to work today can't wait for it to be Saturday so I can hunt again.

Only 2 more weekends for turkey season and after that I'm thinking of getting into hogs. I live in Fort Worth area, where are some good public options for that?

Have a nice day everybody
                                No real clue. I grew up around Grapevine but didnt hunt around there. All i know of is the grasslands and Grapevine. No clue if there are hogs in the grasslands, and know grapevine is swarmed but not sure if you can hunt the pigs or just deer, or what. You would have to check the grapevine thread on here and ask those guys. I know it's COE land that's huntable near marshall creek i think. We all hunt 3 hours south of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X