No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At about 6:30 I saw a doe at about 80 yards coming in with a yearling. She came to the white oak and didn't give me a shot or it would've been her. About then a forky came in and chased her off. He was eating acorns and the doe started coming back in. I was about to draw on her and I saw another deer coming thru the trees. I took a look and all I saw was horns. I new he was wide enough so I quit looking at the horns. He went behind the oak and I drew, he stepped out and started eating acorns so I drilled him. He went about 40 yards. Then the drag from hell started. But it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
      Nice shooting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      The Rage went to work. Complete pass thru. I'm just glad I didn't choke.

Comment

He's broke off on his left G2. I think it gives em character.

Comment

What a stud Kevin!! Very nice buck.

Comment

Congrats Kevin. Great deer.
            This warm weather had me second guessing if I want to head out this weekend or not. I'm not seeing any deer so far in my areas, so there is that hanging over my head too.

Best of luck to everyone heading out this weekend. I've got the Blast and Cast Gala tonight, then I have to run the office/shop tomorrow, as neither of the owners will be there, just me. Yesterday wiped me out, 100's of phone calls and walking back and forth, probably put in 4-5 miles.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kevin -- Congrats are certainly in order! That's a heck of a nice buck you put the smack down on! Great buck and great shot, but dragging a deer out???? Your going to hurt yourself doing that kind of stuff.

In my opinion a meat pack is must have gear on Public land.

Once again, awesome work on a beauty of a buck.

Hopefully this is a preview of how this season will be for all of us!!!

Comment

West Columbia NF?

Comment

His little piece of property I think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I call it that because I'm not baiting and I can't get a vehicle in there. I have a great meat pack Tod, I forgot it, so I guess I had to pay the price. Thanks guys.

Comment

Ahhhhh gotcha

Comment

Congratulations that's A heck of a deer and shot!

Comment

Anyone seeing any movement? I saw two big boys at 5am eating grass Just off the hwy

Comment

Congrats on a nice West Columbia NF buck Kevin.

Comment

WTH was I thinking?! Volunteering to chaperone my wife's 2nd grade class on their field trip to the zoo today. These kids are crazy! Wish me luck.

On another note, I got plenty of deer on camera so tomorrow I'll be posting pics.

Comment

I'm sitting in a tree this morning waiting on Mr. Big to show up! It's pretty warm this morning and the air is thick.

Comment

Working...
                                X