Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a question. I didnt hunt at all last year and had no plans this year untill 2 days before opener so Ive done NO scouting. 2 seasons ago I had 3 nice bucks, 2 being 15"+, on camera multiple times throughout the entire season. Problem was they were all 2 hours after dark or before light. Chances might be good that no ones got them cuz I never saw any other hunter sign back that far in all year.
      Now on to the question lol What are the chances they stayed in the area??

Comment

In my opinion rage, 50/50. I've never seen deer so unpredictable as I have in the Sam. Good luck though.

Comment

This working is playing havoc with my hunting. Am going to try going after work Thursday. Heck I can sleep through some of work Friday.

Comment

I was working down near Arcola this morning and had a doe run by me at 30 yards. Then here came the buck hot on her heels. About two hours later driving a couple miles away I see another doe getting chased by a buck. Saw this last year the last week of September. I think the Sam is a week or two away from the rut, from what I've seen the last couple years. I went to West Columbia and put up a new ladder stand under a white oak that's dropping acorns. I think I'll be there this weekend. Good luck out there fella's.

Comment

Maybe it'll be cranked up by the time i get out into the woods

Comment

Hey Daniel I found your dog

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                  Maybe it'll be cranked up by the time i get out into the woods

Yep, it should be cranked up in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                    Hey Daniel I found your dog

My baby!!!! I call her chrissy

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      I was working down near Arcola this morning and had a doe run by me at 30 yards. Then here came the buck hot on her heels. About two hours later driving a couple miles away I see another doe getting chased by a buck. Saw this last year the last week of September. I think the Sam is a week or two away from the rut, from what I've seen the last couple years. I went to West Columbia and put up a new ladder stand under a white oak that's dropping acorns. I think I'll be there this weekend. Good luck out there fella's.
                      Brazoria county always starts up earlier than all the rest.

How's your wife doing? ( Trisha, if I remember right)

When do you expect to hear back from the hospital?

Hope all continues well and y'all are still in my prayers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                        My baby!!!! I call her chrissy
                        Burrrrrrrn.

I got it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          I was working down near Arcola this morning and had a doe run by me at 30 yards. Then here came the buck hot on her heels. About two hours later driving a couple miles away I see another doe getting chased by a buck. Saw this last year the last week of September. I think the Sam is a week or two away from the rut, from what I've seen the last couple years.
                          I will add to this Kevin.

Yesterday evening, I went hunting with a buddy on private property in Walker county. I had a lone mature doe come into the corn set. No yearling with her. She was wet, so I know she wasn't barren but she was still all by herself. I'm thinking she shook her yearling off so she can breed.

My buddy was sitting in tree a couple of hundred yards away and had a separate doe that skirted him by 70 yards. Shortly afterwards, a buck with nose to the ground come out trailing that doe.

Just our experience yesterday.

Comment

We heard from Baylor in Dallas this afternoon and they have accepted Trisha for treatment. We don't have a lot of details but this is the best news as far as we're concerned. I guess we'll be wearing out the road to Dallas for awhile. Thanks again for all the prayers.
                            Your right about Brazoria county Damian, it's always early. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come. Tod it sounds like it may be starting.

Comment

Going to texas archery tomorrow after work if any of yall wanna go up there

Comment

Great news Kevin!! Continued prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X