SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will add this final point.

The Switchback isn't gonna to be a speed demon. It will not post the numbers like David's PSE did above.

Like already mentioned, I'm shooting 60#'s with a 385 grain arrow and it shoots in the 260's.

Smooth pulling and generous brace height are a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
      Heck. Get two lol. I want one too

Comment

I'll get one for everybody,haha. I hear ya Tod, my Assassin is fast, it's right at 300fps, it's just an aggressive draw cycle. And if you want to let it down you better be ready. I've looked at Switchbacks, Drenalins and Z7's. Word is they're very smooth drawing and quite. That's more important than speed to me. And if they're good enough for you killers they're good enough for me.

Comment

Am heading out in the morning for final scouting. Want to make sure I have the tree marked correctly so I climb up the right side in the dark. Suppose to be cooler, so am hopeful.

Comment

That's exactly what Holly and I did today. We made sure we had a specific tree marked and checked a game cam. Had 20 pics of does, yearlings, and hogs feeding on a Water Oak.

Put up a Time Lapse watching a heavily traveled trail in a near by spot.

Also, put up a game cam watching a group of 4 Oaks trees that are dropping acorns in a small area. They aren't dropping really heavy, but looking at the tracks they are being visited on a regular basis. I will pull all my cams opening weekend, I'm probably already risking loosing them by having them out this close to the season opener. Oh well, we will see.

Comment

Sounds like a good day Tod.

Comment

I was wondering if you were still alive?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of running around today. Bday in Nassau Bay and Tomball. Another tomorrow in the woodlands. Hate all this driving!

Comment

Got wet, marked tree, found cam missing. Well saw deer where I wanted them, so guess a good day.

Comment

Glad you saw some deer but dang.......the cam missing part is no bueno!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

So someone else is in your area. They also stole your camera. Figures.

Some people.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks. Plenty of jerks ruining a good thing in the Sam. I have had cams stolen, sd cards taken, cushions on my stand robbed and massive amounts of corn dumped on my trail the wardens flat out ignored when we called to make a report. I still hunt the forest but Im not leaving anything out there anymore. No stands. No cams. Nada. Pack in pack out.

Comment

I bought the cheap cameras for the forest, but hate that I don't know what is on it. Guess it is part of hunting there. Had close to a road too see what time they crossed it so I have better idea how far back to be.

Comment

I've gotten to where if I leave a camera to watch for deer, I leave another one to watch the first camera.
                              That camera is usually up a tree 10-15 feet.
                              It usually doesn't pick up deer, but it does pick up humans.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a messed up world we live in, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X