No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forget where I was when I did this exact group, but somewhere between 15 and probably 18 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post

Doing some bareshaft tuning with the 35 lb sammick sage. Got to a point that the fletched arrows were grouping so tight that i got my first ever true robinhood. Of course at 35 lbs it just bounced back out of the other arrow.

What got me is that the groups got crazy tight but the bareshafts said they were still stiff and nock high. I've backed this nock point down to just under .25 inch whoch is way low for a recurve, and jacked point weight way up, and just now starting to get a clise to decent tune. Kind of just practice for the dozen shafts coming Wednesday for the longbow. These arrows im shooting tonight are going to become flu flus. Feeling hellbent on hunting with the trad stuff this year, so starting to put in some hard work on it.

Don't fall into a spot like me. I sometimes fight to get good bare shaft tune. And work my butt off to get a perfect paper tear. Yet they group touching out to 50 yards. Sometimes you just have to say. Am I shooting them bare or fletched. Don't chase something if the others are working. Just my 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
        Don't fall into a spot like me. I sometimes fight to get good bare shaft tune. And work my butt off to get a perfect paper tear. Yet they group touching out to 50 yards. Sometimes you just have to say. Am I shooting them bare or fletched. Don't chase something if the others are working. Just my 2cents.
        I can see that, but I also don't know what will happen at different distances. I shot so much today that I just had to stop and come back to it tomorrow or so. I can't believe how well, and how long I could shoot with a pinched nerve in my middle back (sleeping all wrong with the whole bed to myself the last couple nights). I'm going to see what 200 grains does to the arrows tomorrow, or tuesday, if weather permits, before starting to stretch it out there. Then I'll basically just be writing down all the info and then see where I end up with the longbow shafts in the next couple weeks. If there are close enough to be able to change tip weights and run, then I'll be happy, because some are going to be flu flu blunt tips, some with broadheads, and then my practice/tourney arrows.

Comment

Well

I TRIED to make it to work. Water over my bumper on my truck in places. Almost got rear ended by a Katy police officer, ( I don't think he was paying attention or watching where he was going) then had to rescue a girl who was flooded out. Ended up taking her to her apartment because we couldn't make it to her boyfriends place. Made it home, but just barely. There were 6 trucks and cars flooded out near my house. And the water is still rising.

Y'all be safe out there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall be careful ...

Comment

My driveway.

Comment

Yea we're watching the news right now. We're not getting it near as bad as y'all down south (Houston) so y'all be careful. Glad you made it home safely Damian.

Comment

it's a little wet here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I'm about to launch my boat.

Comment

It will take you awhile to get here in a boat lol

Comment

Holy crap Daniel! Y'all got it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                            Holy crap Daniel! Y'all got it bad.

Yep we just drug a few targets up on high ground. Water is about 3 feet right now

Comment

Enough rain here to fill the pond up almost tonthe top of the driveway dam. There's an overflow pipe working hard but not hard enough. We've never seen it that high. Normal level is about 6 feet below the driveway

Comment

Yall be safe out there

Comment

Working...
                                X