X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the nose of the bird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok sleepy heads, I'm almost to the Sam. Some serious scouting is gonna happen. Then I'm meeting Tod, Holly, Daniel and Sherry and who knows what'll happen then....
      [emoji2]

Anyone else gonna be up here?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I could

Comment

I need to get up there. Church this morning though. I need to at least check out some old spots to see what the burns did. I fear that time is not on my side. Now i only see the kids for an hour a day, so Nicole is not too interested in me doing anything but spend time, with them on the weekends. Maybe i can at least draw a doe tag this year and have a decent chance at that. I've had it easy until now as far as having time to hunt. Whole new set of priorities now

Comment

Yea, if I had advanced notice, I would be going too. Spending time with the kids today and starting my endurance training for hunting season so I won't have trouble carrying two deer out at a time, again. This layer of fat needs to go.

Comment

Got my license on the way home. 144 bucks..... ouch! By golly i WILL do some duck hunting though, after paying for the stamp!!

Comment

They up the stamp price again?

Comment

I hear ya Andy $144 for me too. The duck stamp went last year I think.

Comment

Yeah it went up last year I remember that

Comment

Long day scouting.

I woke up at 1 am this morning. No clue why, just did. So I waited and watched TV and then headed out. Met up with Tod and Holly and scouted a couple spots.
                      Sent a message to Daniel and Sherry, but didn't hear back from them until late...that they were heading home.
                      So, WE headed out to some other spots. Lots of fresh tracks. I see some deer going down this season.

Comment

Yep Damian, it was a good day of scouting. The rain held off for most of the day (even though we were going rain or shine) and we were able to rule out some spots and found some promising spots. It was hot, and I got soaked from sweat, but it could have been a lot hotter. So, overall it was a good day.

Time to get some trail cams deployed and see what we have moving through.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                          Got my license on the way home. 144 bucks..... ouch! By golly i WILL do some duck hunting though, after paying for the stamp!!
                          Yeah, need to get ours bought this week. Probably gonna hold off on the duck stamp for right now though.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                            Long day scouting.

I woke up at 1 am this morning. No clue why, just did. So I waited and watched TV and then headed out. Met up with Tod and Holly and scouted a couple spots.
                            Sent a message to Daniel and Sherry, but didn't hear back from them until late...that they were heading home.
                            So, WE headed out to some other spots. Lots of fresh tracks. I see some deer going down this season.

Sorry I sent that late. I thought we where going to stay home and set up Sherrys halon6. But she wanted to go. So we went out late (10:30). Then I sent that as we where coming home. I learned one thing out there. It's thick and hot. Got home. Cooking dinner now. Set up her bow real quick. I tell you. If y'all go out to get a new bow anytime soon. That halon 6 is an awesome bow. It brings fun back into shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                              Sorry I sent that late. I thought we where going to stay home and set up Sherrys halon6. But she wanted to go. So we went out late (10:30). Then I sent that as we where coming home. I learned one thing out there. It's thick and hot. Got home. Cooking dinner now. Set up her bow real quick. I tell you. If y'all go out to get a new bow anytime soon. That halon 6 is an awesome bow. It brings fun back into shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What is this, a Mathews commercial?

[emoji2]

Glad to hear that.

Did y'all find somewhere to hunt? I'm going to be heading out again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                                What is this, a Mathews commercial?

[emoji2]

Glad to hear that.

Did y'all find somewhere to hunt? I'm going to be heading out again soon.

Sure sounded like it

Comment

Working...
                                X