Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
    You want a camper top or a bed cover?
    Personally I've had both and a camper top is so much harder to use. Yes, you can put more and bigger things in it.
    Camper top, no help. Bed cover, well I sell and install those every day. Really depends on what you're ultimately trying to accomplish.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I have been going back and forth between the idea of both and have yet to pull the trigger on either.

It seems we typically fill up the bed pretty quick above the bed rail (but not outside it) most of the time we go on a trip (camping, etc)

But for the trip we will be taking that has forced me to find a solution, I think a cover will work (just luggage, no cots, bedding, stove, , etc, etc.)

Comment

I like the idea those canvas camper tops so you can take them off and fold them up easier if you get in a bind. I've always wanted some form of camper top for my truck, but just as soon as i put one on I'll have to take it off to haul something big

Comment

Yeah, I saw those canvas tops. Not sure I wanna put a ton of highway speed miles on one. Reminde of covertable tops... those things get ratty quick.

Comment

Just look at the bakflip tops. We sale a lot of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bakflips are good for fold up covers. Undercover flex is another. We sell more Retrax covers, but they are much more expensive.

Comment

Roll and locks. And jack rabbits, pace edwards also. But you loose a little bed space with those

Comment

Got on em Friday evening in Sargent. Way too fast limit, took about 30 minutes. Our daughter and her family rented a beach house in Galveston so the wife and I spent the weekend with them. I got out in west Galveston bay yesterday evening and got four good trout and four more this morning. I just got home and I think I'm tired.
                Good luck Damian on your trip, I hope you have a great time.
                Last edited by kevin nicholls; 04-10-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I thought the limit up here was 10. Also heard there are warnings about trout out of Galveston Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    Roll and locks. And jack rabbits, pace edwards also. But you loose a little bed space with those

Pace Edwards are my least favorite. Too many problems.

Kevin, great job.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      Pace Edwards are my least favorite. Too many problems.

Kevin, great job.

Your right. They can be a pain in the butt. We have the bakflip in Sherrys. We like it a lot.

Comment

I like the Bakflips. Easy install, no maintenance, no problems. I highly recommend them.

Comment

SwampRabbit I got those in East Matagorda bay. From the swing bridge in Sargent south it's five. I didn't get any pics of the Galveston fish, they weren't real special.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I thought the limit up here was 10. Also heard there are warnings about trout out of Galveston Bay.
                            His place is just past the line where the limit is 5. Pretty much all of Galveston bay has some sort of advisory. The same as everywhere else... pcb's. You're probably consuming those, or worse, from "fresh caught/wild/farmed" fish from any store too. Might as well enjoy it, we're all going to end up the same in the end, just depends on whether you're headed up or down.

Comment

As far as those warnings go, when you put em in hot grease you can see the PCB's jumping out the pot.

Comment

Damian your little granddaughter is cute as a button. Hard to believe she's already 2!

Eddie I hate to see you go but at least you can still be a member here and keep up with the going's on. Best of luck to you, bud!

Comment

Working...
                                X