SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
    You mean your not going to be here to walk me to your tree on opening morning!

Good luck Eddie with your future endeavors, stay in touch.
    I think only you and Damian actually show people where to sit.
    I will stay on here some, but it will not be the same without the gtg and hunting the same areas.
    Thanks

Comment

Almost done with the quiver.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Looking good BC.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice BC!
          I made one years ago, out of a whitetail hide with the tail still attached.

Comment

I went the cheap route on this pelt it worked pretty good use all household items salt, water, vinegar,oil, and baking soda. I spend less than $10.

Comment

Never seen anything like it. Nice and unique BC.

Comment

4 more days!

Got the jack plate motor swapped out.
                Got most if not all the small things done. Hopefully it'll be a great trip.

Sophia had her 2 year old party today. Minnie mouse theme.

She had a great day.
                Addison came by, though she had just woke up and not wanting to be held.
                I did get to see them both.

Boss and I talked on the way home and he insists that I take this time off and go. He says he really wants me to go and talked to the rest of the shop and let them know that I was going to be gone, along with another of our techs. So they had to step up and take care of it all.
                He says if they can finally do it, he and I can make a trip together like we have wanted to do for years.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Cute Damian. And good luck with the boss. Sitting on the bulkhead now with my brother now. Few bites so far and a few small ones. My joints and shoulders are sore as crap from handling those 30 pigs! Sucks getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                    4 more days!

Got the jack plate motor swapped out.
                    Got most if not all the small things done. Hopefully it'll be a great trip.

Sophia had her 2 year old party today. Minnie mouse theme.

She had a great day.
                    Addison came by, though she had just woke up and not wanting to be held.
                    I did get to see them both.

Boss and I talked on the way home and he insists that I take this time off and go. He says he really wants me to go and talked to the rest of the shop and let them know that I was going to be gone, along with another of our techs. So they had to step up and take care of it all.
                    He says if they can finally do it, he and I can make a trip together like we have wanted to do for years.

Fingers crossed!

You need that. I have two guys I count on. They know it and I take care of them. I help them with their jobs. I finish their work when they are off. I pay them for work I do. I get paid by what my shop produces. So by helping them make more. I get paid more. But when I am gone for a tournament. They take care of everything for me. And I owe them for that. When asked by corporate why I don't produce any labor. I tell them I give all my work too my two best guys. When asked why I tell them. They don't get paid enough for what they do. So I pay them out of my pocket for their hard work. And that's why we produce over twenty thousand more every month then last years monthly budget. I couldn't do what I do without them. And you need great workers like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My boss knows when he is gone, I will take care of everything. I run that shop like it was mine. I work hard and have very little time off. What little time I do have off, I want to enjoy. He and I have been talking about going on this trip for 5 years.
                      This trip I'm going without him, but if they can get through these 4 days, only 1 is with out him, then there is a chance we could take off and make this trip together and not have the shop fold.

Good help is very hard to find. Heck it's hard to find guys willing to sweep floors and put tools away. Let alone find someone with some drive. Most of our guys walk around like they have concrete in their back sides.
                      Who knows what it takes to get them motivated. Asking them to do their job, telling them they could get more money, putting my foot in their ***. Nothing. I have yet to figure out what makes them tick. ( Most of them I have figured out) But this younger generation, I don't know.

Anyways.

Comment

I wish my boss would recognize hard work when we do it. With him is all negative all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome pic Damian! What a sweetheart.

Hope ya have a great trip! And a greater season.

Comment

Happy Birthday Sophia!

I really hope you enjoy the trip. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Comment

Anybody on here recommend a good place to buy a camper top. Planning a family trip for next year and need something to keep our stuff dry without relying on tarps, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                Anybody on here recommend a good place to buy a camper top. Planning a family trip for next year and need something to keep our stuff dry without relying on tarps, etc.
                                You want a camper top or a bed cover?
                                Personally I've had both and a camper top is so much harder to use. Yes, you can put more and bigger things in it.
                                Camper top, no help. Bed cover, well I sell and install those every day. Really depends on what you're ultimately trying to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                                X